IGNORED

question as to the Nintendo Virtual Boy....worth 10 bucks?

adams_ale

One of the 2 systems I have ever played, one had no stand at all. I could play it, but I just had to find the right position. Besides, if you are smart enough to know how to drive, you should be able to make your own stand somehow, be it out of wood or duct tape.

I know how to rig things to make them work and I suppose it wouldn't be hard to do it. I didn't actually even have 10 bucks on me today(been out of a job for a while). I'll probably pick it up soon and pick up the games later. It will work for now I suppose. The collector in me doesn't want something artificial for the long term. When I have the funds I want the real thing(referring to any game system or game), complete and working. There were other people looking at it today as if they had never seen one before. :) This system does intrigue me as well, but I'll take the more expensive and more collectible(less flawed) system that I will be more satisfied with down the road.

I remember seeing a webpage where someone rigged up a Virtual Boy on a swing-arm connected to a desk... seemed much more convenient. I'd also like to see someone hack up some sort of headband deal that would make the system actually mount on your head like it should have from the start. Might be a bit too heavy though.

--Zero

Hey adams_ale,

I live in Va Beach, and went to a Cash Converters in Chesapeake where they had a Virtual Boy, but they wanted $32.99 for it, and it didn't have the visor either.

Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Where in Norfolk is the one you saw for $10.00? Was it in good shape?

Hey adams_ale,

I live in Va Beach, and went to a Cash Converters in Chesapeake where they had a Virtual Boy, but they wanted $32.99 for it, and it didn't have the visor either.

Needless to say, I didn't buy it.

Where in Norfolk is the one you saw for $10.00?  Was it in good shape?

I've seen that one too. :) It's not as new looking as that one and the stand is no longer available. :? Nor is the clip which has been missing. I sent you a pm on the details. Little Creek Cash Converters by the way. I have seen these things at all of the Cash Converters at one point, but alas they are never as complete as they might first appear to be. The best bet is to just get one from ebay. The only thing good about Cash Converters is that you can barter with them for goods if you don't have the money. Anyway, it's cool to see that there is someone from AA in the area. I bet you are the person picking up all the rare games around here right before me! :x j/k :D If it's cool with you I would like to play a game of pool sometime or have a brew. Have a good weekend. :thumbsup: