IGNORED

opinions on bidiots, so far?

CincYnoTi

I think a better effort is needed to promote the site in order to bring in the bidders.

I'm happy with the fact that I sold a game on Bidiots but I'm not quite confident enough to list everything I want to auction off on Bidiots. Not yet at least.

I think it's a great start, but like with anything, it will take some time to build up momentum and get enough bidders that people will feel as comfortable listing video game-related items on Bidiots as they would on eBay. Right now I am listing lots of stuff on eBay because they have some tools that facilitate listing and maintaining large numbers of auctions fairly easily, and with PC5 around the corner I'm pressed for time so this is important to me. But after PC5, I intend to start listing more items on Bidiots and I hope to see it evolve into a respectable alternative to eBay. Competition is always a good thing!

..Al

Unless it's something I'm completely gonzo over, I can go for months or a year and not buy a thing (except current games). So it might take me some time to actually try it. :D

Speaking of buying, let it be known that I placed my very first order on the AtariAge store last week! (well.. it was my sister placing the order for me for a birthday gift, but still) :party: Thanks Al 8)

I probably won't list anything else on Bidiots unless I think eBay would boot it. I am not happy with the results and I paid extra to promote the items that I listed. I might try it again in a few months, but right now I just don't think that there are enough people using it. I have had better luck selling questionable items on message boards than I did with Bidiots.

I wouldn't be so quick to right off bidiots just yet.

It's obvious the user base is small right now but it will expand!

If people quit posting and buying it'll just die... but regardless I just don't see that happening.

I just listed like 12 auctions on there last night and have sold 2 things in the last 10 hours with a buy it now! :)

I'm waiting for people to start posting some Dreamcast games I don't have up there yet... because I need to finish up my colleciton! :)

Overall it's a good site and inexpensive route for sellers... plus it's directed strictly at gaming which is cool! (especially for selling prototypes, rarities and stuff like that or stuff that can't be listed on eBay)

How do you leave feedback?  I won and received three items and can't find a link anywhere on the site.

Bidiots is a good idea.  I just wish their help page was less general.

Inside the actual auction, underneith the feedback button on the left there is a link called "to seller".

Its only been what, 3 weeks? or almost that, I suppose this is something that will just take time, I've sold and bought a couple of things and all has gone good.

The site ain't Ebay, lets face it, but I think while there is room for improvements, its a good site overall and I've tried yahoo auctions and I think yahoo's whole layout and posting system sucks to put it bluntly and I think they are supposed to be the #2 auction site?

Bidiots has a lot going for it, especially its niche videogaming premise.

I think this thread is a good idea, but I think this should be revisited in like 3 months or maybe 6... by then the site should have enough time to attract more users and to iron out things and improve upon itself.

I just noticed today more big ticket items are showing up, I see 2 coin-ops, one being a NEO GEO Arcade and some REALLY nice PC Gaming computers are also showing up, so it seems that the site is already attracting some diverse listings.

Curt

I think this thread is a good idea, but I think this should be revisited in like 3 months or maybe 6... by then the site should have enough time to attract more users and to iron out things and improve upon itself.    

Absolutely, maybe this could be made a sticky or bookmarked and bumped in the months ahead?

I think Bidiots is a lot better than Ebay. It's nice to have an auction site dedicated to gaming and while there are tweaks yet to be made, let's not forget that Ebay has a huge jumpstart on Bidiots (a few years and tremendous manpower).

Bidiots has the potential to become a great site and is a welcome alternative to Ebay.