IGNORED

I need 5200 controllers!

ApolloBoy

you're best bet would be to try to win a large lot of non-working controllers then see if you could trade for 1 or 2 working controllers at that price. Have you purchased any 5200 games yet? I couls sell you my popeye cart with the rough label on the very cheap. If you're interested, drop me a PM.

you're best bet would be to try to win a large lot of non-working controllers then see if you could trade for 1 or 2 working controllers at that price.  Have you purchased any 5200 games yet?  I couls sell you my popeye cart with the rough label on the very cheap.  If you're interested, drop me a PM.

I already have a game, and I don't wanna buy non-working controllers.

I have never seen one that actually worked.  :?

Then you are looking in the wrong place! :D

ApolloBoy, I sell rebuilt 5200 controllers, for AA members they are $30 + shipping. You will have a hard time finding working controllers in the price range you are looking at, but if you are interested in what I have, please PM me for details.

I have never seen one that actually worked.  :?

Then you are looking in the wrong place! :D

ApolloBoy, I sell rebuilt 5200 controllers, for AA members they are $30 + shipping. You will have a hard time finding working controllers in the price range you are looking at, but if you are interested in what I have, please PM me for details.

Is that $30 each, or for a pair?

I offered him a pair for 45 plus shipping including 90day warranty.. not with updated firebuttons or start buttons.. but offered him that upgrade at cost.. ??

I opened up one of the joysticks you gave me with that system and it looks like you used 100 grit sandpaper on each of the flex contacts. I took it apart because the bottom fire button needed to be pushed real hard. I took it apart and hit it lightly with 600 grit and cleaned with alcohol and it worked fine. I also noticed you glue the flex circuits down behind the fire buttons. Seems to work pretty good.

glue wasnt mine.. that was standard.. also, those sticks were kind of on the lower end of 16 I had rebuilt:) Bur remember the deal started out as me kind of 'throwing' in a 5200, and than you got one super clean cousole out of the deal:) I gave you one perfect working stick, and one that 'passed' but was a tad touchy (prob the one you took apart). The ones I sell for $ are always top pics, others go on friends systems:) Due to the garantee I put on em, I choose the best ones for resell. BTW, did you pull that protective coating off of the 7800 I sent you;) also did you noticed the sides had been wetsanded and buffed;)

Is that $30 each, or for a pair?

That would be $30 each. All my controllers are fully rebuilt with the complete set of internals (new flex circuit, new triple dot fire buttons and new Start pad), and I take great pride in the work I do with them. I personally don't take chances with reusing the old parts because then there is much less chance of the customer having to return the controller back to me for additional repairs. With all the controllers that I have done over the years, I've never had any complaints. 8)

I always give the customer the option of upgrading to the newer parts, but what I have found is that a properly prepaired circuit board is as good or better than a new one (as long as its in GOOD shape before I service it) Don't get me wrong, the circuit boards are one of the biggest failers of this stick, usually for two reason. One, they 'crack' were they make the 90degree bend right before the start buttons, and two, the BIGGEST prob of the 5200 stick is slight carbon that builds up inbetween the contacts. Atari kept trying to find new 'coating' to put on the circuit board to ward off this carbon. I've found that sanding these contacts (even on the new circuits) cuts 'teeth' into the copper and helps 'bite' into the button when pressed, also helps to self clean itself and increases surface contact area. I've had just as good result setting up old circuit boards this way than with replace circuit boards.. I admit I don't know what the 'several' year thing will be, but I've been banging on a pair of sticks set up this way (they were totally dead before the rebuild) for over a year and they still work like new. Don't get me wrong, I agree with changing to new parts.. however the extra cost is a turn off for most buyers. The biggest advantage of the new parts is the 'gold plateing' on the buttons.. this really helps prevent carbon buildup and is a HUGE difference in long term reliability, but once again, lost of people dont want to pay the extra 10 bucks for em. One thing I will say about the 'tripple' dots on the fire button, what good are the outer buttons for? They dont have matching contacts for em on the circuit board so they don't complete any closer of the circuit? now that would be awsome with a revised circuit board with a larger contact pad,, but as is, they just kind of sit ther and look good when you read the sells ad;) I would include these on every stick I rebuilt if I could by the parts cheap enough.. but I usually start these on ebay at $19 each, and I sell everyone I post, the rebuilt ones I've tried to sell seem to hang ther and not sell, seems that extra ten bucks really turns people off;(

BTW, did you pull that protective coating off of the 7800 I sent you;) also did you noticed the sides had been wetsanded and buffed;)

I wasn't bitching about the 5200 sticks, they both work great, every button.

I didn't notice the 7800 was wet sanded, and I did NOT take the protective plastic off of the system or the joysticks. (why would I if I haven't used it yet ;) ) Even after I get the power supply, I won't take the plastics off. :)

Both systems are great and I am happy with the trade. 8)