IGNORED

Launch of new NES and SNES rarity guides

sku_u

Gamerzuniverse is pleased to announce the initial launch of the new NES Rarity Guide. Scans, individual game pages and a revamp of the aesthetic look of the guide itself will occur in the upcoming months. Any rarity feedback or contributions would be greatly appreciated and can either be posted in this thread, PMmed to myself or gamerz, emailed to gamerz@gamerzuniverse.net , or posted in the new NES forums at the Gamerzuniverse website.

To celebrate this launch, Gamerzuniverse is running a NES fantasy label contest:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=45499

The rarity guide is looking to be pretty accurate, I've got a few minor quibbles, but for the most part it looks right to me.  I'm wondering what you based the guide on??

Several outdated incomplete rarity guides, several auction sites that were being monitored for an extended period of time, and collecting experience.

I would temper the Camerica gold and silver carts a little lower in general than what they are listed at currently. The list is also missing the licensed version of Gauntlet.

Still, it's nice to see another resource like this pop up, and I agree with many of the listings moreso than others out there.

Interesting, I picked up a Bee 52 at a thrift store today for $1.99 and this rarity list has it at an 8 whereas the DP guide has it at 3. I'm relativly new at collecting Nes games, do any you more seasoned Nes collectors have any opinions on this?

That's an error on my part. It's one of a few I noticed after the site went up. Bee 52 should have been listed at a 5. A few mistakes are bound to happen when entering over 700 rarities :D

sku_u, do you have an opinion about the rarity of the grey Zeldas? I know they are rarer than the gold versions, just wondering what you think.

I have Legend of Zelda grey that I picked up at a Gamestop not too long ago for $5.00. I'm not sure on the rarity of these because I have not been tracking them like I was with most of the other carts listed.

sku_u, do you have an opinion about the rarity of the grey Zeldas? I know they are rarer than the gold versions, just wondering what you think.

I have Legend of Zelda grey that I picked up at a Gamestop not too long ago for $5.00. I'm not sure on the rarity of these because I have not been tracking them like I was with most of the other carts listed.

Do NES collectors collect both versions?

Do NES collectors collect both versions?

I don't collect cart and lable variations of NES games, but I consider myself more of a gamer than a collector when it comes to the NES. I do collect VCS label variations, but I'm definitely more of a collector than a gamer when it comes to the VCS. I'm sure that there are plenty of NES collectors out there who do collect cart variations.