IGNORED

Launch of new NES and SNES rarity guides

sku_u

Very nice guide! :thumbsup:

I think the only games that I have strong disagreement over is Bubble Bobble 2 at a 4 and then Rainbow Islands at a 5. I think Bubble Bobble 2 is one of the hardest NES games to find, much harder to find than Rainbow Islands. Just my 2 cents.

Nice job.   AD&D Hillsfar a 4??   I think it's more like a 6,7, or 8.   I've never seen one in the wild anywhere.   Wait..... Tengen Tetris a 4???  Wasn't this game pulled off the shelves?   Isn't it one of the 10-20 rarest games of all?

Tengen Tetris is not as hard to find as some people think. I have come across several over the past year in thrift stores alone. It's definitely not one of the rarest NES games out there.

I'll re-check Hillsfar on my spreadsheet when I get home. There were a few errors on the list when it went up (Bee 52 rated an 8 for instance).

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Neat guide and easy to find titles :) I thought a few games should have been rated higher or lower but most seem about on the mark.

If you wanna rate color a dino 9 then that's fine with me,lol, it's actually a cute lil cart, and now the "rarest" game I have. :D

Lately I have been playing thunder an lightning like crazy - it's my newest find. I am sure between all of us at AA we can come up w/ a great list of games to be boosted on that scale. *wink nudge*

Now, if only someone could come up w/ a good complete rarity guide for game gear... *sigh*

I think a lot of peoples' complaints regarding rarity ratings has to do with regional variations on how hard it is to find old video games in general. What one person finds several times a year in one city, another may never find.

One thing I have noticed is that NES games seem a lot more abundant in the United States. I'd love to go to one of these gamestops where Zeldas sell for $5! :D Anyhow I think that the reason for this is that since there are approximately 10 Americans to every 1 Canadian there would be corresponding numbers of games floating around. I also know there were a lot of titles released in the U.S. that never made it to Canada, but I digress.

Finally, regardless of the number of games out there, competition also affects how much stuff is to be found. In Ottawa, a city of approx. 800k citizens, I know there are at least a dozen hardcore collectors I must compete with. It doesn't sound like a lot, but it only takes this many to such the dozen or so good thrift stores dry.

Back on topic, I think that the guide is quite good. :thumbsup:

Tengen Tetris is not as hard to find as some people think.  I have come across several over the past year in thrift stores alone.  It's definitely not one of the rarest NES games out there.

I definately agree with this. I have bought 3 Tengen Tetris carts in the last 2 years in the wild. I have never seen a Qix, Secret Scout, Flintstones 2 in the wild and I probably never will.

The Tengen Tetris has a good story behind it, thats why it sells for more than it should.

Very nice guide! :thumbsup:

I think the only games that I have strong disagreement over is Bubble Bobble 2 at a 4 and then Rainbow Islands at a 5. I think Bubble Bobble 2 is one of the hardest NES games to find, much harder to find than Rainbow Islands. Just my 2 cents.

I think Bubble Bobble 2 is rare but not as rare as some might think. Its harder to find because it is a great game and people hold onto it rather than sell it.

Has anyone here heard of the NES game Asterix the Gaul? I've never seen it and don't know for sure if it actually exists as a game. Was it a US or non-US release?

I was also wondering what the general consensus is on Sachem titles?

Does anyone have any information about any of the Australian and European releases?

I definately agree with this. I have bought 3 Tengen Tetris carts in the last 2 years in the wild. I have never seen a Qix, Secret Scout, Flintstones 2 in the wild and I probably never will.

The Tengen Tetris has a good story behind it, thats why it sells for more than it should.

Tengen Tetris is a whole lot easier to get than Flintstones 2. I'm happy to say I have both Qix and Secret Scout though. :D

Thanks to the diligence of gamerz, gamerzuniverse now has a complete SNES rarity guide up and running which can be viewed here:

http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/base/Super%2...%20Nintendo.htm

In addition, a colecovision/ADAM rarity guide has also been added:

http://www.gamerzuniverse.net/base/coleco.htm

along with game lists for the Game & Watch series and Virtual Boy.

Has anyone here heard of the NES game Asterix the Gaul?  I've never seen it and don't know for sure if it actually exists as a game.  Was it a US or non-US release?

It was announce for the US market but never make it. It was release in Europe only.

Does anyone have any information about any of the Australian and European releases?

http://simplynes.emucamp.com/palpictures.html

In non-US releases i have Asterix, Dragon Ball, Chevaliers du Zodiaque and International Cricket (Australian release).

I'm waiting the following games in few weeks :

NES: HyperSoccer (complete)

NES: KickOff (complete)

NES: Prince Vaillant (+ manual)

NES: Road Figther (complete)

NES: Crackout (complete)

NES: Schtroumpfs (complete)

NES: Le Roi Lion (complete)