IGNORED

If you could only own one:

Max-T

I hope this will be a fun topic for everyone.

If you could choose (price no object) any ONE arcade video game or pinball machine to personally own to go along with all of your home console and PC/Mac games, what would you choose?

I know most of you will find it really hard to say just one. Probably everybody will end up listing their top three, five or ten.

But here's my pick. Star Wars, the 1983 arcade game (as opposed to the recent bigscreen-TV behemoth Star Wars: The Arcade Game). I love those old vector graphics games. They really were the forerunners of modern 3-D games, except back then, games like Star Wars, Asteroids, and Star Castle could display only wireframes, instead of filled polygons. (Yes, I know that "I, Robot" predated Star Wars arcade, but it was a raster-based game, if i remember correctly.)

But Star Wars was so cool, with the sampled speech from the movies, the three different playfields, and the awesome controller (I don't even know what it's called -- a flight yoke?). Plus it was very challenging without being absolutely impossible, like the later stages of many of its contemporary arcade games

So there is my dumb topic for the day. I hope other people will share their #1 most wanted game or pinball.

BTW, if I could only choose a pinball -- Black Knight 2000.

Hope everyone has a good trip down memory lane.

I loved the Star Wars arcade machine, but I doubt I'd play it enough to warrant the HUGE expense of getting one.

Hmm, to be honest, my coin-op would be something like Out Run or perhaps Chase HQ.

The wife would like Bubble Bobble I think.

Do any of you remember the Laserdisc games, based on a Pioneer LDP with a serial port running to the motherboard, which overalid graphics on top of the LD video?

I know the first one everyone will think of (it was certainly the most popular) was Dragon's Lair. For reason, my reflexes were never good enough to get me fat in the game. But do any of you remember a game alled M.A.C.H. 3? It allowed you to fly either a figher or bomber, wit the tagets overlaid on top of the full motion video. Always loved that game.

I've even tried to buy just the bare laserdisc fom M.A.C.H.3 on eay, but the pice always goes above $100. Oh well, memory will have to serve.

And while we're on the subject, why arent'tmodern games making use of DVD drives? It is just because hard drives give faster access? But I bet DVD might eventually be put to use somehow. Load a DVD-RW into an arcade game, the game saves your character, your progress, score, special items. Just like memory cards for home systems. I think that would rock.

Addam's Family pinball. The only choice there was to make.

Another vote for Addam's family. I have a couple of cocktails already, and getting boards isn't too expensive, but there's no way that I'll ever have the cash needed for one of these suckers. Easily my favorite pinball of all time.

Yeah this is a hard topic. I really couldn't pick just one. I would have to have a Crystal Castles, Moon Patrol, Sunset Riders, Golden Axe:Death's Adder's Revenge (4 player model), and StarWars:TAG cockpit. As for pinball, I haven't played many but I did always like the old Haunted House one, and the Addam's Family one is great as well.

Oh...crap on more cabinet I would have to have...Toobin...hehe