IGNORED

If you could only own one:

Max-T

We've, well Starscream has three cabs in my basement, but honestly I don't really play them as much as I used to. What's down there? A Guerrilla War, the Killer Instinct cab he got off my brother (but I think the cab is actually a Mortal Combat cab, or maybe that's just the game he has in there now, I don't know) and the Neo-Geo. Mostly it's the kids that get into them, but I would have to say my favorite is the Neo. So many fun games! Unfortunately it looks like it will be heading to another home.... :sad:

If I could own any arcade machine it would definately be a Star Wars one. Pod Racer maybe? Actually I think there was a game like pod racer but set on endor with speeder bikes. Any SW game would be cool I don't know if I could choose.

That being said I finaly did make my dream come true last year of owning any arcade machine (I got a JAMMA ALIEN cabinet that has since been a KLAX cabinet and a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles cabinet) so now I am actually looking for a pinball machine. And of course if I could own any pinball machine it would be a Star Wars pinball machine.

BTW I actually drew up some pretty extensive plans for a MAME machine that was a cockpit style machine that looked like the front half of an x-wing fighter! The main problem was even doing half of it and keeping it to any sort of scale it would have been huge! The smallest I could get it was something like 14ft long. But hey, it was cool I even was going to have the hatch open for access to the inner parts.

I could have sworn someone posed this same exactly question in the last year, but I couldn't find it after a few brief searches (I know it's there somewhere!) It's tough to choose just one arcade game. Some great answers have already been posted here. I'd probably have to go with Robotron: 2084. I can play that game endlessly without getting bored, for some reason. :)

..Al

As long as someone mentioned pinball, I guess I'd have to have a Rocky and Bullwinkle pinball table since that was the only one I ever cared enough about after the first game to stick with it till I was mediocre instead of just bad. Yeah, it's latter-day, but it's nice.

As long as someone mentioned pinball, I guess I'd have to have a Rocky and Bullwinkle pinball table since that was the only one I ever cared enough about after the first game to stick with it till I was mediocre instead of just bad.  Yeah, it's latter-day, but it's nice.

I saw that one, never played it, as I just passed it while going into the rockey and bullwinkle movie. Terrible movie, did it ever get released on DVD?

Well, if we're going to bring up pins also, I nominate Black Knight 2000 (which I do actually own.. ) When in good condition, I can play that game for hours. Not a complex game, but something about the music and the pressure to make timed shots really puts you in a zone.

You've got the power! "Ha ha ha ha ha!"

You've got the might!

Get ready for battle!

Beat the Black Knight!

:)

..Al

Its really interesting to me...

The 'one and only game' for most people is not a 'grail'. All of the games mentioned (sans the Tempest proto) are around, and not that expensive. EDOT can be had in decent shape for under a grand. The pins, while still expensive, are very common and hold their value very well.

I do not know what it would be for me. I have a number of the ones I wanted (Star Wars cockpit, Pac Man, Centipede, Tempest, Bump N Jump, Night Driver, Computer Space) but could not pick just one. Each one was either from a memory (adult or childhood), a passion (Star Wars), or just plain cool looking :)

If it was a specific machine, it changes for me. Right now, the exact one I would want would be the Vectorbeam 'Speed Freak' from Six Flags over Texas. It was the only one I ever saw, and would LOVE to own that machine.

Cassidy

Mine would be Major Havoc, since it was *quite* the different, original game that it was, plus I liked it a lot, and since vector graphics have been dead and will never return (well, there's some good online games that have vector graphics though), that makes this question a cinch for me ;)

As far as pinball goes, Black Night 2000, or a pinball machine that the next door neighbor used to have when I was a kid. I don't know what the title of it was--it MIGHT have been a Williams table--but I do recall that there was this chamber off to the right were, if you could get the ball through it, it would light up the numbers from 1 to 10 that it ran over for a bonus or something (these were buttons that the ball would run over, and the numbers would light up elsewhere on the playfield), and upon exiting the place, it would also fun over a button that would move your flippers closer together, making it nearly impossible for the ball to go down the drain (in the middle, that is...it could still exit on one of the sides of the flippers). The only way you could screw this up is if you had a flipper up when the ball was hurtling towards it and it slipped past the flipper (only had that happen once *ever*, though).

Anyone happen to know the name?

• 4 months later...

Tricky..

I'll probably change my mind about once a week but...

For pinball it would have to be star wars trilogy, really love that table. :) T2 isnt a bad one either, more realistic that I'll find a T2 table at a sensible price sometime soon. :ponder:

Arcade cab would be warlords 4 player cocktail (Very shortly to be gracing my home 8), thanks cassidy ;) ) with second choice probably being gauntlet 4 player, toobin and star wars '83 sit-in cab come in joint 3rd...

Si