IGNORED

WARLORDS!

Mike OC

Is it just me or is Warlords one of the best 2600 games ever? My girlfriend and I played it for a couple of hours last night. She usually only plays Ms Pacman or Dug-Dug but I convinced her to try Warlords and she totally loved it! I guess I'd forgotten how much fun that game really is! I wonder if anyone has any plans to create a hack of the game or create an online version in flash or something. That would be a cool game to play on a network.

Yep, I like Warlords. I like it much better than the other Breakout type games (including Arkanoid). I would like to play an updated version of Warlords on something like the Xbox. I wonder if the game could come with paddles (like Arkanoid did on the Nintendo)? they keep dragging out versions of Tetris on every system, so why can't we drag along other old games that are just as fun? Where is my Warlords 3000?

I love Warlords! But my friends are all Playstation addicts now and don't want to play, so I play once in a while just to cream the computer players. :sad: (kinda OT: maybe I can re-addict my friends when I get my game room set up this weekend!).

Voch

Where is my Warlords 3000?

The updated version of Warlords that comes in the Atari Revival for PC is a cool game for fans of the game. :D

Hey, that's not too bad, but I wish it was on a console. I hate playing most games on a computer. Thanks for the link.

I love 2600 Warlords. Lots of fast, frenetic fun, especially with two or more players.

I have to admit being disappointed with the Revival version. The "classic" mode is good -- what I've come to expect from Digital Eclipse -- but the "revived" version struck me as trying to cram superfluous extras in where they were neither useful nor desired. The powerups ended up being bad or useless more often than anything useful, and the Dragon hurling extra fireballs into play seemed like just an attempt to ramp up the mania to no real avail.

Give me the original Warlords any day.

Man even my Mum (Mom) likes warlords and yes it would be boss

to have an online remake especially if there if several "Skins" were added

where as you could customize the games looks!

Hmm yeah paddles should be revived! they give you a smooth feel to

games that use it

Hang on there is a rare playstation paddle controller it was distributed

originally by namco dont know who in Europe or US though!

There was only one game (to my knowledge) that made use of it

the game is called Puchi Carat and i have the game but sadly not the paddle!

Okay, I'd thought I'd contribute to the 2600 Warlords post here: I tried it out again about 2 weeks ago with my wife's cousins (three of them), around the 8-10 yrs. old range...and they LOVED it! Of course, it took us a while to find two good pairs of working paddles. I agree that it's still a great game!

Conceptually, I love Warlords...

and it plays great too. My only qualm is how the lower right player (I think) has an advantage...there's something ever so slightly odd about the pixel layout for one of the players, so when the topmost right player whips to the right wall and release, the ball tends to bounce around inside the castle and out without ever hitting the king...the king is just perfectly positioned so that the most potentially devestating shot (since it's easier to rush up against the wall) does it no harm...

my favourite 2600 game easily ! 8)

Now, an online version would be pretty cool, would that USB thingy be workable to use paddles for it atall ??

The idea of playing this over the net has got me very interested, come on clever programming people, make it happen !!

Though Im hoping with a little help from someone on here I'll be bringing a Warlords cocktail back from the states this summer, fingers crossed !! ;) (Late night battles round my gaff then !! :D )

Si

Now, an online version would be pretty cool, would that USB thingy be workable to use paddles for it atall ??

Yes, the Stelladaptor works fine with Warlords and you can actually use two Stelladpators to hook up four paddles for four player games. :)

Warlords is a great game, and the more people playing the better. I have some fond memories of playing the game projected onto a 100" screen with several of my friends for four-player goodness. Although after a while your neck starts to get sore, since you are often moving your head to actually follow the ball. :)

..Al