IGNORED

What is your favorite ST game ??

Golden Axe was one of my favourites. My friend and I wrote a strategy guide for it about ten years ago and distributed it on BBS's. We also dumped many quarters into the arcade version at our university games room.

Sadly, I no longer have the game. If someone has an ST version and would like to do a trade, please let me know. I'd love to play it again!

- Steve

I don't really play games much any more - too busy trying to program games and apps instead, when I did play them I really liked simulations as while being along one theme they are different every time you play so in reverse order....

4rd) Silent Service 2 - those Destroyers can really give you a hard time.

3nd) Reach for the Skies - Intellegent AI with good return fire and text radio messages to draw you into the game. You will end up looking around for those 109's there damn dangerous in the latter stages.

2nd) Microprose F1 Grand Prix - car graphics are not the best but very realistic driving and track layout, you can even tell when your going up and down hill.

1st) Jimmy Whites Wirlwind Snooker - ok it does not have as much variation as the others, the computer does make some improbale shots, and you can't always get the best view for a shot your trying to make but the graphics and sound and general gameplay are all excellent.

I'm still relatively new to the ST, only had one for about a year-1 1/2, so I've not nearly played every game, but I love 3D games, even the old plain polygon 16-bit ones. That being said, I really LOVE NSP (No Second Prize); this is a particulairly smooth and fast cycle game, Atari should have gotten these people (Thailion Software) to do games for the Jag, their stuff is fantastic. I am curious about F1GP since it's already been mention a couple of times; is it a Polygon based racer or sprite/bitmap? I know I still have to try out TimeBandit, I've heard of it's praises since i first came out in '85 or so...

Atari should have gotten these people (Thailion Software) to do games for the Jag, their stuff is fantastic

Thalion was formed by people from the ST demo scene. Unfortunately Thalion went up it's arse before the Jag came out. Eclipse was more or less born from the remains, and released some ST games and the Iron Soldiers for the Jag, psx and Nuon.

Lots of Thalion and Eclipse games are high in my fave Atari games list.

Time Bandits, Dungeon Master, and Captain Blood were just a few of my favorites. I also liked Defender of the Crown although I never won the game if I saved the princess.

The Pawn was also an awesome game when it was released for the ST. Has anyone ever finish that game? If so, could you send me a private message and tell me how things finished?

Atari should have gotten these people (Thailion Software) to do games for the Jag, their stuff is fantastic

Thalion was formed by people from the ST demo scene. Unfortunately Thalion went up it's arse before the Jag came out. Eclipse was more or less born from the remains, and released some ST games and the Iron Soldiers for the Jag, psx and Nuon.

Lots of Thalion and Eclipse games are high in my fave Atari games list.

Well, then you see what I mean; if Eclipse was basically old Thalion, then I.S. and I.S.2 prove my point! Obviously Atari WAS smart enough to get these great programmers to do stuff for the Jag, even if they weren't a part of Thalion anymore. I just wish they had done a polygon racer for the Jag instead of Teque Software or Rebellion (WTR/F1, CheckeredFlag), just knowing what they pulled off with just the simple old 68000 on the ST with NSP, they could have done wonders beyond belief for the Jag...

I actually bought Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade adventure game before I bought an ST!  :D  

Jeff

That game was great!! I played it so much on my ST!! It kinda makes me wish I still had my ST running.. I think it's in the basement in a box though..

• 11 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

(1) Oids--I can't believe only one other person has mentioned this game. Hours and hours of fun to play, and endless fun to create new worlds with the editor.

(2) Virus--There were different games with this title; I'm talking about the one by David Braben. Beautiful landscape, excellent game play (once you master the controls).

(3) Goldrunner--Speed and innovative scrolling up and down.

(4) Carrier Command--Those were the days when I had time enough to play a real-time simulation...