IGNORED

2600 Clear and Colored Cases in AA Store

Albert

X3V0LuX is actually a game that I had previously made an agreement to sell with Lee, and we had even discussed making a patch for it and having a high score contest, in a similar manner to Star Fire. Heck, if you look at the link Jarett provided above, there is an AtariAge link at the bottom of the page.

..Al

If anyone is still wondering whether or not to attend NWCGE 2K4 in May, here's another reason to come:

These and many other games will be released at the show!

Best,

Jarett Waite

Owner

Packrat Video Games

www.packratvg.com

P.S.  These are prototypes, so the final games may look a little different.  Also, X3V0LuX will have an end label :) .

Wrong thread perhaps ? :?

You're right CPU.  I was thinking that my post would fit here since this is a thread about the new colored carts.  I should have posted this in the events section.  Sorry!

-Jarett

The topic of the thread is clearly stated "2600 Clear and Colored Cases in AA Store". It obviously wasn't related to that and was an unsuitable place for your message. Unless maybe it was an attempt to show that Packrat also has other colored cases available?

Though, now _I'm_ off topic.

Joe

X3V0LuX is actually a game that I had previously made an agreement to sell with Lee, and we had even discussed making a patch for it and having a high score contest, in a similar manner to Star Fire. Heck, if you look at the link Jarett provided above, there is an AtariAge link at the bottom of the page.  

..Al

Hi guys,

Just to clear up some of the confusion <pun intended> here regarding X3V0LuX. I had given Hozer, AA and Packrat all permission to sell and distribute the game. This game was originally sold by me and initially released at one of NWCGE events in a neat little package a couple of years back (about 30-40 original copies were sold).

There has been some been some talk about a high score contest and patch long before Star Fire was considered. In fact, I believe this is what inspired Albert to approach me regarding a Star Fire patch.

I am probably the cause and source of the confusion about the release of X3V0LuX as I had a few email discussions with Albert and Jarett about it and nothing really became of it until recently.

If anything, PackRat will be re-releasing X3V0LuX at the NWCGE event. It will not be an exclusive product for the event. We are attempting to work out the details of a high-score contest to everyones satisfaction.

Because this is a hack (like several others before and after me), I am in fact, not asking for royalties and thus the game should be available much more cheaply (at least by $5) than other homebrews from AA and PackRat. I had a good time in writing the story for X3V0LuX and tying it to the game. The unusual scoring (Perseverance rating) tied to the wacky aliens (gotta love those penatrators) was alot of fun. Something, I wanted to pass on to my fellow gamers. I can can see by the confusion about the game, that news about X3V0LuX has not quite left the "5th" dimension yet. You have to give this game a try when it becomes available again.

I am in the process of re-vamping my website and it will reflect all the places where you can purchase the game and other things I've created over the years. :D

Regards,

-Lee

• 2 weeks later...
DAMN YOU AND YOUR TEMPTING!!!!! You show but we can not buy...your a sick sick man Albert!

Soon..

Are those blue and red cart see through? They dont look like it, either way they are cool.

They are much more opaque than the clear shells, but still a bit transparent.

..Al