IGNORED

2600 Clear and Colored Cases in AA Store

Albert

I just had a cool, super-geeky idea!

Although, I have no idea if it will actually work. But that's not my problem. ;)

Anyway, is there a way to grab power through the cartridge slot to run an LED on the cart's pcb? Then, you could have cartridges that glowed!

Better still - would be to make a game that would make the cartridge flash while you were playing it! :D

Maybe those leds could be controled be the program code somehow. :ponder:

That would be kind of cool...particularly in games like SKELETON+ where you could have LED's on the top of the cart light up in place of the skeleton radar (have 4 LED's arranged in a north/south/east/west formation and have make them flash in respect to where the skeleton is located in the maze).

Maybe those leds could be controled be the program code somehow. :ponder:

That would be kind of cool...particularly in games like SKELETON+ where you could have LED's on the top of the cart light up in place of the skeleton radar (have 4 LED's arranged in a north/south/east/west formation and have make them flash in respect to where the skeleton is located in the maze).

Just the sort of thing that would end up convincing me to buy Skeleton for a THIRD time! :roll:

Well, if you use a a Pixels Past bankswitch board with a 4K cart and a custom PAL, you could use the A12-A14 input pins and FFF8/9 output pin for LED control. If you use only A0-A7+A10+A12 for the LED select addresses, you could get another three outputs. With a 22V10, you can get one more output on pin 14.

Note: 8K and 16K carts will only get two or one outputs respectively. But with a Colecovision board, you get 5 to begin with, and 7 with an 8K cart. With an 8K cart, a little rewiring, and a 22V10, you could use all ten outputs.

7 or 8 LEDs. I'm sure people could think of something to do with that.

:)

Sweet! I wanna see more! (Like "Pleiades" in red, "Qb" in blue and "Thrust" in clear.)

Thrust in a clear cart is in that stack, and by the looks of the end, looks very sweet 8)

Fronts! I want to see fronts! 8)

The best looking ones in the stack are the Blue Joust Pong and Sea Battle, with maybe the Blue Qb as well. Jammed really should be in a black cart.

The red Gunfight and Pleadies are pretty sweet as well, but I don't think the clear and colored carts work for ALL of the games. I guess it depends on personal preference. :)

Agreed, since all labels where originally designed for black carts, IMO most look best when used with black carts.

That may change in the future, when label artists will start designing their labels especially for those new clear carts.

Anyway, clear cases as an option for those who want them is no bad idea.

Or a TFT screen with keyboard. And while at it, why not include a harddrive to save games and store roms. Wireless network connection for network gaming, internet access, the works. In other words, build a laptop around it. Ok, this is silly, I'll shut up... :sleep: What can I say, the colored cases look nice :) Are there any PAL homebrews by the way?