IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

The BIN was $130, I don't see a manual.

You are right. Don't know how I missed that. Well the BIN is gone since there are a couple bids. I would have bought it for $130 without the manual since the average price on a CIB is over $350 according to atari2600's price guide. I could have waited for a manual to pop up.

Atlantis II has found its way onto e-Bay. No description offered by the seller and no in-game screenshot in the pics. Item # 121286215145. Seller has some feedback so this is not one of those newbie deals. I've requested the seller put up a pic of the game in action, specifically the score font.

Isn't that a rare game, though? In the order of a R9?

It is (although I think the rarity on this one is overrated myself). That aside, I'm probably more amazed in general what the upper third rarity of CIB games have been going for lately. Maybe I'm keying in on this because that's all I need to finish my collection, Who knows. Just incredibly frustrating to see time and again the high $$$ being sunk into what is a "hobby" to most. I had thought that this would go for the neighborhood of 250-300. After all School_Girl has a copy out there for $1200 I think and I always use them as a guide for real world (~25% of their price = real world) ;)

Sorry for the interruption. Done with my ranting. Carry on....

Really? Just can't even express my shock at how high some things have gotten and how much money people will throw at things. Amazing. :-o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360868500946?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Sealed and minty, I'm surprised it didn't go higher personally. (Not to say its worth it though)

It is (although I think the rarity on this one is overrated myself). That aside, I'm probably more amazed in general what the upper third rarity of CIB games have been going for lately. Maybe I'm keying in on this because that's all I need to finish my collection, Who knows. Just incredibly frustrating to see time and again the high $$$ being sunk into what is a "hobby" to most. I had thought that this would go for the neighborhood of 250-300. After all School_Girl has a copy out there for $1200 I think and I always use them as a guide for real world (~25% of their price = real world) ;)

Sorry for the interruption. Done with my ranting. Carry on....

Well, I'm not a collector by any means, but this auction is pretty interesting. First off, the item itself. A sealed copy of a game is always going to go for big bucks. Looking at the other ones available and the past history, I'd say this sold cheap. Second, if you just want the game itself, it looks like (again, based on EBay history) that you could get a CIB copy for $250-300. Third, look at the bid history of this one. It's mostly two people who wanted it, and one of them got it in the end. The game set at $300 for several days, it only spiked at the end as the collector who won it had to fend off several challenges on it (probably from folks trying to snipe).

Finally, look at that original price tag -- Kay Bee Toys for $17.99! Makes you want to cry. :-o

Really? Just can't even express my shock at how high some things have gotten and how much money people will throw at things. Amazing. :-o

http://www.ebay.com/itm/360868500946?ssPageName=STRK:MEDWX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1435.l2649

Actually the price is going down. Last one sold for $627 Jun 20, 2013.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atari-2600-Glib-Video-Word-Game-Factory-Sealed-R9-Rarity-Extremely-Rare-/300919526836

What's even worse, a Hozer repro of Glib sold for $87!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glib-Atari-2600-/161207218455?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2588b2f117

Edited by Andre81

Actually the price is going down. Last one sold for $627 Jun 20, 2013.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Atari-2600-Glib-Video-Word-Game-Factory-Sealed-R9-Rarity-Extremely-Rare-/300919526836

What's even worse, a Hozer repro of Glib sold for $87!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Glib-Atari-2600-/161207218455?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item2588b2f117

Are you going to admit that you were the buyer of the Glib or just let people here continue to speculate and lament price inflation?

Are you going to admit that you were the buyer of the Glib or just let people here continue to speculate and lament price inflation?

Not sure why it matters who bought the game. Also there is no price inflation. The price has modestly gone up in the last 10 years, which everyone should be happy about because it shows that Atari collecting is a viable hobby. I've seen other hobbies that ceased away.

Not sure why it matters who bought the game. Also there is no price inflation. The price has modestly gone up in the last 10 years, which everyone should be happy about because it shows that Atari collecting is a viable hobby. I've seen other hobbies that ceased away.

Well, it might have been nice if you had been honest about it instead of doing your usual song and dance of avoidance and/or complaining about people bidding too much on things only to have it turn out that you bid just a small amount less than the winning bidder.

Well, it might have been nice if you had been honest about it instead of doing your usual song and dance of avoidance and/or complaining about people bidding too much on things only to have it turn out that you bid just a small amount less than the winning bidder.

Well, outbidding a bojay certified overpayer isn't exactly a great deal.

What's the deal with reseller troya770 selling games with reprinted labels?
Nowhere on the label does it read reprinted label.
Eventually the game will change hands and someone will think the labels are real.
This is why their should be watermarks on all the cart scans to prevent
people from selling games with reprinted labels.

I prefer the games with the real labels or none at all.
Leave the carts alone.

That seller has at least 2 accounts
take a look at the bids on systems, k***a feedback of (301)
are the same person.
That guy bids on almost every system driving up the prices.
Does anyone know if reseller rbgamehunter is also troya770?
They both are in Virginia

post-22103-0-43142700-1394159041_thumb.jpg

Edited by roadrunner

I think that one has been listed a few times. It appears in the Completed Listings section of e-Bay a few times. I was after the one that sold for $77 and I believe this one was also listed at the same time.

Nope, my mistake. I was after one that was recently listed. The one you're referring to sold a couple months ago. Either way, not worth NEARLY the asking price.

• 2 weeks later...