IGNORED

Wanted: Interesting Auctions

Albert

I am continually amazed at how much reproductions (clearly stated in description) of Halloween and Texas Chainsaw Massacre fetch.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-2600-Horror-Reproduction-game-lot-2-carts-Halloween-Texas-Chainsaw-/251415983521?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item3a898f75a1

I agree. Can't blame the seller on this one. They go out of their way to over and over mention they're repros. I'll never get what some people are thinking.

My bad... My only goal was to make sure those interested knew about it. God forbid somebody use a forum to communicate. I only targeted threads that specifically showed an interest in owning one.

Are you totally new to the Internet and web forums? You don't need to spam up this forum and resurrect a number of dead threads to promote your sale. You have a sale post. If people are interested they will get in contact. You are new here and are not entitled to post the same thing all over the place just to make a sale. Your post wasn't even relevant to Ebay or auctions in any way. Frankly, if it was up to me, you would be banned for abusing the forums but that will be for a moderator to decide.

Edited by bojay1997
  • Like 1

Again, I said I'm sorry. No, I don't normally post on forums. I was mistaken to think that this unit was as desirable as all the write ups on the web made them seem. I was actually looking for help on how to list and where. I have also been in your chat several times seeking help. I see now that your goal is not to help, but alienate any newcomers. I will refrain from posting on anything other than my own post unless asked a question on another post. I hope the moderators here have more tact than I have been shown by a few users.

Again, I said I'm sorry. No, I don't normally post on forums. I was mistaken to think that this unit was as desirable as all the write ups on the web made them seem. I was actually looking for help on how to list and where. I have also been in your chat several times seeking help. I see now that your goal is not to help, but alienate any newcomers. I will refrain from posting on anything other than my own post unless asked a question on another post. I hope the moderators here have more tact than I have been shown by a few users.

Please, you don't get to play the victim here. Do you regularly rush into new situations and environments without making some effort to learn about where or what you are getting into? The Internet and forums are no different than any other public place. If you are unfamiliar with them, you take some time to learn what is and isn't acceptable. You don't all of a sudden do whatever you think works best for you.

You didn't come here for help, you came here to maximize your profit. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, but most of us are collectors and aren't interested in paying top dollar for something. If you are serious about selling your item, set a price, drop the attitude and keep the posting within the thread you already started unless you have something beyond the sale of your item to share with the community.

Edited by bojay1997

Seems reasonable. It has been checked twice now to ensure it works!

Plus free shipping!!

In the past two months, I've seen two CIB copies of Tapper on Ebay go for $120 and $75. Both were very good condition. Why do people think the cart and manual is worth this much? I've grabbed 2 myself this past year for $15 each.

Here is a nice auction on Goodwill for a boxed 800: http://www.shopgoodwill.com/auctions/Atari-800XL-Home-Computer-in-Box-15242146.html

I got a nice copy of Gremlins (or should I say "Grimlins" as it was listed) from this seller last week with manual for $29.99. Works too!

Edited by Tombstone

A question about the bidding on this Shuttle Orbiter

johnsgirl had the high bid but retracted it.

I thought if you made a bid within the last 12 hours your bid was locked in.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shuttle-Orbiter-Atari-2600-1983-RARE-Factory-sealed-/181302824326

I believe you're allowed to retract a bid within 12 hours of an auction close, as long as you withdraw the bid within an hour of submitting it. I think it has to be approved by the seller too. Have to check this...

• Like 1