IGNORED

High Score Club Week 1: Circus Atari!

Ze_ro

I saw the rankings this moring I went from 13 to 18 man I have to catch up(I'm prob lower now though).

it is very hard to to play it on an emulator(esp when you keep pressing the button on the mouse at wrong time).

The best way to get a score is to rack up big on your first life(I did that a couple times but blew it on the rest of my lives :( )

Jinkies! I just managed to rake up a score of 10,326! Man, I can't believe I rolled the score when only last week I would have considered 2000 points "pretty good"... Looks like some of you have also been quite busy, but at least that should land me in the top 10.

--Zero

I have a couple hints that I hope will help those players who are struggling to get a higher score. First, making contact is a lot more important than hitting the end of the seesaw. Second, if the clowns are bouncing straight up and down on the right side of the screen try flipping the seesaw each time the left clown is in the air. This will move you closer to the center and you won't have to worry about judging the angle of a bounce off the wall. Third, keep distractions to a minimum. Background noise is ok until something catches your ear and the clown goes splat. And last but not least, take a few seconds for a breather before you start another run on a new life. There's no rush, so take a drink, flex your fingers, scratch your ear, etc. And of course, have fun! :) Hope that helps.

Jeff

Second, if the clowns are bouncing straight up and down on the right side of the screen try flipping the seesaw each time the left clown is in the air. This will move you closer to the center and you won't have to worry about judging the angle of a bounce off the wall.  

Jeff

I have already been doing this an it helps a lot. I try to keep them bouncing in the middle of the screen instaid of on the sides. I am still not getting spectacular scores, but I have a feeling I will get a little better by the end of the week.

I have a couple hints that I hope will help those players who are struggling to get a higher score. First, making contact is a lot more important than hitting the end of the seesaw. Second, if the clowns are bouncing straight up and down on the right side of the screen try flipping the seesaw each time the left clown is in the air. This will move you closer to the center and you won't have to worry about judging the angle of a bounce off the wall. Third, keep distractions to a minimum. Background noise is ok until something catches your ear and the clown goes splat. And last but not least, take a few seconds for a breather before you start another run on a new life. There's no rush, so take a drink, flex your fingers, scratch your ear, etc. And of course, have fun!  :)  Hope that helps.

Jeff

good hints jeff

New score: 15961 (the rollover doesn't show in the screenshot, obviously). Along with the usual task of keeping my acrobats from hitting the ground, I had to battle with evil stomach cramp and itch demons along the way. It paid off. Good luck topping this one.

post-4124-1081385419_thumb.jpg

Finally got the rollover! 8)

Now, if I could only get more than 200 points on my second life...EVER!!! :ponder: :roll: :D

Hint: DON'T leave AIM open while playing. I forgot I did, but that "Buddy Sign Off" door close sound reminded me as I lost my fourth life.

Anyway, my new score...11966!!

--------

Chase Hermsen