IGNORED

Most common game you DONT have

geaster

I've been lurking here a while. I see a lot of crowing (justified, but crowing nonetheless) about rare finds ... seems to be the main purpose of many of our lives.

At any rate - I finally got organized a week or so ago and logged in all my 2600 carts. Looking through my want list the other night, I notice something really freaking funny.

I don't own Pitfall.

Really. I used to have it. I know I did. Dont have it now - don't have any idea where it went, either. Victim of the Cart Fairy I guess.

I think I do have one on the way in an eBay bundle o' stuff that I bought recently, but I thought it was pretty amazing that I went out and sought (and paid dearly for) things like Tooth Protectors and Berenstain Bears, and yet I have no Pitfall..

Anyone else out ther have obvious common 'gaps' in their collection they are willing to share??

Thought it'd make a good & humbling topic.

(p.s. No, I won't trade either of the above mentioned carts for a Pitfall. Thanks, though.)

If we're not counting label variations, the most common game I don't own is the Diagnostic Cart which is a rarity 8 and I'm still missing a few rarity 9s.

Out of the label variations, I'm missing a few text label Sears carts that are pretty common.

EDIT: I'm also missing Inca Gold which I think is listed as a 6.

Adrian - My bundle o' crap contains a Video Olympics (which I don't need). Send me your address - I'll send it to you! (unless you're overseas...then we're talking real money to ship... :| )

No comment on label condition - it looks ok in the crappy photo, though...

I don't own a Combat.  Seriously.  I broke mine open about 10 years ago so I could stick a loose Ghost Manor chip inside it.  I haven't bothered to pick up another one for some reason.

Now I don't like MMF anymore. Thanks. :x :D

In my days of obsessive collecting (I'm too busy to be obsessive about it anymore) from mid-2002 to mid-2003, I managed to acquire (excluding label variations) a copy of every rarity 1 and 2 cart for the 2600. There are still several 3's not in my collection. (I'd have to consult the archives to determine exactly which ones.)

These days I am thinking about selling off some of the fringe stuff in my collection... even the more rare stuff (4's, etc.) that I just don't really care about. My goal in collecting was really just to re-acquire everything I owned as a kid, plus everything I had wanted as a kid. I went way beyond that along the way.

So... to veer off topic... keep an eye out on eBay for the likes of "Wabbit" and "Survival Run" coming soon!

...And to veer back on topic... the most common cart I don't own is a 3 that will remain unidentified.

:)

Why blame the MMF for my weirdness?  It's not his fault that he has insane friends!

I shoul really go to the local GameDump and pick up a Combat for the hell of it tomorrow.

I would just about pay to live somewhere that has a store named "GameDump".

But seriously - no Combat...Wow. that has even my Pitfall-less status beat...

Why blame the MMF for my weirdness?  It's not his fault that he has insane friends!

I shoul really go to the local GameDump and pick up a Combat for the hell of it tomorrow.

How often do you go over to his house? :ponder:

How many has he sent to Albert so far? :ponder:

Why didn't he give you one? :ponder:

:P

There are only a few 2's that I dont own, and I know that one of them is 'Canyon Bomber'. I remember I was going to make a deal here on AA with someone for the rest of the 2's that I was missing, but something happened, and it never ended up going through. I think they never sent me back the address to paypal to, or something like that. Oh well =P

Oh.. hella lots. My collection mainly consists of the same carts I had as a kid. I've bought a lot in the past few years but there's still major holes as far as the common stuff goes. Not that I really mind as if I really get a hankering to try it out I break out the Cuttle Cart or as a last resort... emus.

Other than a few commons that ended up in some kind of freaky alternate dimension, I don't even have 1 2600 cart  

Huh!?!?! 1003_anothereek.gif WTF Nukey... Damn maybe we outta step up and help you out! With all the cool hacks you do too you outta have some of THOSE at least on cart! Or heck, someone send this man a Combat or something! Or better yet some games that don't work good in emus like Circus Atari, Kaboom, or MARBLE CRAZE. NUKEY IS IN NEED!!!!!!1

The only common i dont have is ET, I actually wouldnt mind owning it regardless of the bad reviews. I think it may actually not be common here given that we would have been behind enough for retailers to catch on to this apparent dud title.