IGNORED

Most common game you DONT have

geaster

Centipede and Combat.

Honestly.

The reason is that I'm not going to buy them individually for a couple of dollars equivalent each, and pay a couple of dollars shipping. I'm waiting for them to come up in a lot with a rare one I want but I never seem to hit lucky.

I got Phoenix only last week, and I've been collecting 2 years.

Adventure... :ponder:

Same here! When I bought my first 2600 2 months ago I was sure that the first game I'd buy had to be Adventure. Since, I have never seen it pop up as a loose PAL cart over here. Seen it on German auctions though, but I'm a cheap bastard and shipping usually makes it too expensive ;)

uh. it will be simpler for me to list the carts i *have*.

- missile command

- lock n chase

- grand prix

- summer games

yep, i own exactly four carts =)

oh, i also had river raid II, but i slaughtered that one to build an adapter for an eprom simulator.

River Raid IIs don't exactly grow on trees. Why not trade it/give it to an appreciative gamer rather than brutalize it? It ain't Combat, that's for sure.

Believe it or not, when I first compared collections with the MMF I actually had a game to trade which he didn't own. A Sears Backgammon which ended up being a birthday gift anyway. That was probably the most common cart that he didn't own at the time.

Now I think the most common cart that he doesn't own would be an original Quadrun.

My goal in collecting was really just to re-acquire everything I owned as a kid, plus everything I had wanted as a kid.

That's pretty much the same goal I currently have. I managed to dig up a box of about 20 carts that actually were mine as a kid when going thorough some old stuff' I'm up to somewhere around 70 now, but am mysteriously missing Space Invaders. Not for long though, I've got yet another system on it's way with a few loose carts. Space Invaders is in the lot.

-S

I have too many gaps, though I only go after the games I really want to play. Rare or not. Now that my 5200 is dead I'm thinking about trading away my carts since I have so few anyway and go after my fave 2600/7800 games. I don't have anything special there, Blue Print is probably the rarest. I really need to think about that for a while.

I have a few more 2600 Sears carts I don't need as well. Time to take inventory.

Believe it or not, when I first compared collections with the MMF I actually had a game to trade which he didn't own.  A Sears Backgammon which ended up being a birthday gift anyway.  That was probably the most common cart that he didn't own at the time.

Now I think the most common cart that he doesn't own would be an original Quadrun.

Did the deal with the Mexican Ebayer fall through, then?

I'm missing all the Sears titles( except Target Fun ).

I'm missing Crackpots( rarity 4 )

Also missing Super Cobra ( rarity 3 or 4 )

I looked through the M Network/INTV listings just now and realized I have every ( some blue, some white ) Intellivision game released( Including Sea Battle and Sword Fight) :!: 8)

I need to count( and organize ) all my games again, this summer...

I am not a completist of any sort. I only collect those games that I like to play. I was noticing that I have a few of the games mentioned, that I wouldn't mind putting up for trade for other common carts:

Maze Craze, Centipede, Street Racer, Oscar's Trash Race, Donkey Kong and I'm pretty sure I have ET and an extra copy of MsPacman around here somewhere. :-)

The insanely common carts that I don't own are Frogger, Q*bert, and Popeye! How weird is that?! I owned these as a kid, but just haven't happened upon them in the wild yet... actually I saw a Q*bert in the used game shop the other day, but the label was shyte and they wanted two bucks for it. I passed on it as I don't expect there to be a shortage of Q*bert carts very soon. ;-)

i have it now, but for like a decade I never had Combat.

I started out with a Columbia Home Arcade....a rebadge of the Coleco Gemini that had a short lived cart-buying dealy. And my first "bundled" game was Frogger.

Maybe that's why I have such a jones for tank games even to this day...

i have it now, but for like a decade I never had Combat.

I started out with a Columbia Home Arcade....a rebadge of the Coleco Gemini that had a short lived cart-buying dealy.  And my first "bundled" game was Frogger.  

Maybe that's why I have such a jones for tank games even to this day...

Surely then you must know the answer to an unanswered question, did the Columbia system come in a box? :)