IGNORED

WANTED : A/V Modded 2600 Junior

Ed Siegler

Apologies to Mr. Siegler for piggybacking on his thread, but I thought that this might take up less space than posting a new one of my own.

Is there a method out there for modding any 2600 (I own both a 6-switch and Junior) for composite out without having to drill, cut, or otherwise alter the case? I'd love to have RCA outs on one of my VCS machines, but not if I have to modify the case.

I own a composite-modded 7800 where the guy took out the expansion port connector and put in a pair of RCA jacks. Looks almost like a factory job. I'd love to be able to upgrade my Sixer, or even the Jr., but would it be possible to get both cables out without cutting?

Maybe you could remove the female RCA plug on the back of a Junior and have two cables routed through the hole it would leave?

I don't know. I'm an electronics (and mechanical) dunce.

Smart people, what do you think?

Again, apologies to Mr. Siegler, and thanks to anyone who cares to reply.

That female RCA plug is actually part of the RF modulator. You'd have to desolder that whole part from the board to remove, at that point, you are already seriously modding your Atari anyway. Why not just add a hole in the case? And what's a JR cost anyway, $5-10 without any hookups, buy one specifically for modding if you have to. It's not like you'd ever need/want to change it back to RF.. :ponder:

BTW, I have one, not modded yet, but would sell for cheap Ed if you can find someone to mod for you. Not sure if CPU does this work, but I could send directly to him, and then maybe he could mod for you. Or Povlok1 possibly, does he do JRs?

I would love to have a modded 7800/2600 with composite just because I never keep it hooked up all the time anymore since I got my bigscreen. It would be great to just hook it up to my reciever or the front of the tv instead or turning the set(it's a 57" widescreen) just to plug the rf in. the reason I don't keep it hooked up is because my A?V rack has no room for it since it's full with everything else and I don't want it sitting on the floor since we have a new dog that is going through his mischievous stage.

one question:

has anyone ever used one of those A/V to RF adapters when hooking up a DVD player to an older tv? the way they work is that they combine the seperate audio/video signals and combine them into the single rf. anyone think it could work in reverse? what do you think?