IGNORED

SE Michigan Arcade Meet!

Mr.FoodMonster

Damn. Alright' date=' im going to find out when this is going on (time wise) and if its even worth going with all the fighting nuts. I hope this dosnt get screwed...[/quote']

Well, there's only going to be like 20, 25 people showing up for the tournament (that's the average turnout), and they really aren't that rowdy. It just means maneuvering around the area that CvS2 is at will be a pain in the ass.

Sides, VDO = funniest friggin man alive.

Ok then, it sounds fine. I didnt know 'standard procedure' for a tourny, but that sounds like no big deal. I know where that game is, and there is a lot of space around it, and they will probably make more on that day. Dosnt interfere with our selling, playing DDR and some of the older games :D

I wonder how many people are actually seeing this thread?

Maybe you should repost it in the more popular forums like the atari 2600 one to get more views? (with al's permission of course)

The tournaments are supposed to start at noon, so I reckon they won't be too much of a concern by the time the meet is supposed to start.

Yeah, I'm going to ask if its alright to do that.

Also, as of now from AA, are these all the people that can make it? I just want to get a rough estimate

Tempest

bjk7382

atariman

Susuwatari

There are a lot more people intrested over at the DP boards, so there will be a nice number of people.

Where did you move from? Nice to see another AA'er around in michigan, the 14 thousand we have here isnt quite enough  :D

Well, it is enough that makes Goodwill price their 2600 carts high (ie $10 each high) and leave all flea market drier than a martini. :D

I remember when I could walk into a Goodwill store and come out with a cart full of 2600 stuff and still get a change from a $20 bill.

Hey Guys!

My company company Cliff Racer speciallizes in rare video game accessories and other cool stuff from around the globe. We operate out of Ypsilanti and our office is less than 10 miles away from your event!

If you have any spare table room, I'd love to send one or two of our guys down there to show you and the rest of the people coming what we carry. Give our store a peek at

http://www.cliffracer.com

Let me know if there is any room for Cliff Racer!

-Cliff

"If two wrongs don't make a right, they at least constitude an ass-beating..."

I knida discussed this with your buddy, Cliff. This isnt an event like Philly classic or anything, we are just overtaking the arcade and stuff. If you want to come, that would be great, and you may or may not get people buying any kind of adapters (I actually might be looking for a PS2-USB). Last time this happened, I hear that they brought in a few stuff, and kept most of it in their cars so they could go out and grab the stuff or whatever. You buddy also said he could get some controllers (Bemani, you know what I'm talking about) and you might be able to sell a few of those, although, dont get yourself kicked out for walking around shouting about it :)

Animania, I went to that a few months ago. Its close enough to walk to from there, granted it isnt raining.

Roger that!

My friend left out a few details when explaining the event to me then ;0) No problem though, We would just like to get the word out about Cliff Racer and would be there more to showcase than anything else. If we sell some stuff while there, all the better.

By the by, if you are interested in using a DDR pad on your PC, I would recommend the EMS USB 2 rather than the PS2 USB adapter, not because the latter is not a great adapter, but I have had customers host entire TOURNAMENTS on the EMS adapter.

Anyway, if there is anything information I need to get to you guys, just let me know. I can definatly bring some Bemani Friendly stuff.

Cliff

I don't know how many of you who are going are regulars in downtown Ann Arbor. For those who are not, here are my recommendations for parking...

If you're arriving before 6:00 PM, go to the Liberty Square parking garage. The entrance is on Washington just a bit west of State. There's a few metered spots on the second floor, but above that, you pay just $2 for unlimited time if it's Saturday or Sunday or after 3:00 PM on a weekday. (There's a gate; to raise the bar, put $2 into the machine. It takes quarters, dollar coins (!), and $1, $5, and $10 bills.) Compare that to 95 cents per hour at the lot next to Borders. You'll have to cross the Diag to get over to S. University and Pinball Pete's, but it's not a long walk at all.

If you're arriving after 6:00 PM, go to the U-M lot on Church Street, just north of S. University. It's free past 6:00 PM and a stone's throw away from Pinball Pete's. (Walk down to S. University, cross S. Univ., turn left, and you're there before the next light.)

There is a parking garage behind Pinball Pete's, but I think that one's got an hourly rate.

There is a parking garage behind Pinball Pete's, but I think that one's got an hourly rate.

Yeah but its not that bad. I park there all the time because its fairly cheap and literally right next to Petes.

Tempest

So who's volunteering over here to do photography? There's a few people who are willing over on digital press, but the more pictures the better.

I'm bringing some surplus Atari games, a PS2 vibrator, and a couple other games I have multiples of, to trade. Nothing overly valuable (though the vibrator is arguable there), but if anyone has anything I want, we may be able to cut a deal.

I'll be bringing some boxes of trade bait. Mostly misc. stuff that's not overaly valuable, but I will have some ExpandoVision units for trade. I'm still not sure what I want for them, they're rare but not very useful.

Any idea where we can trade stuff? We can't do it on the floor at Pete's. Maybe in the mall area above Petes?

Tempest

Well, They do have a reserved area over by 'The Tables' and that costs a pretty penny for rental. But it also includes pizza and shit, so maybe someone who is chatty with the staff (Uber, I'm looking at you) can work something out. All I know is that I cant do it, because I'm going to be a little late to the event as it is. Great to see some people are willing to take pictures though!