IGNORED

HSC1 R2: Gorf and Drol

Goochman

Folks,

Its week 2 and we've added another game to the mix. Scores for btoh will be tracked in this msg. Please add a new reply for each score change. Last week was tough for me to find new scores (of course I was the first to edit my msg :D). Also, please indicate games you would like to vote for next week when submitting scores - That way I dont mix up voting and suggestions like last time ;)

Ok - One last item. Im going to award points to the top 3 (3, 2, 1) and keep track of them. Why? Who knows, maybe at the end a Stelladaptor might be shipped to the top point getter - When is the end? I presume when no plays anymore or Dec 31 - hopefully the latter :D

Good luck! Attached are atr and roms to play! Gorf requires the 800 OS.

Drol

drol.zip

gorf.zip

Here is an .atr of Gorf that I am going to use that doesn't require the -800OS (runs fine on XL)

I've got that one too. Anyone know if this was an actual release version of the game or was it (more likely) a hacked conversion?

Here is an .atr of Gorf that I am going to use that doesn't require the -800OS (runs fine on XL)

Please let me know if this isn't allowed and then I will dig out my 400 to play my actual cartrige (won't work in XL)

This version is fine. Again we're having fun here :)

Do you think 5200 gamers will participate in the GORF competition? :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist...

I have pretty lowly scores but since no one posted theirs. I will go ahead and post my current best embarissment. Just to be first.

4770 - Gorf

One interesting thing I found - I have a Roklan Gorf catridge that doesnt have the 'High Score' table - Was this added to a disk release?

I think the beginning story that scrolls by when the game is started isn't in the cartrige either.

EDIT- here is my new Drol high score. I actually got my camera ready before the game was over so I could get the level number in there also. ;)

post-3803-1082511350_thumb.jpg

Excellent Drol score - I see you survived the man eating plants :)

It took me about 5 times before I got past them. I think they are random and show up in different places. :ponder:

I am liking Drol better than Gorf now. It is a great game, with a nice little intermission between sections.

BTW the high score thing on Gorf was added for the disk version.

Yeah I'm finding that I like Drol more as well. Too bad I spent most of my week messing with Gorf when I know I don't even have a chance.

Still I did break 10,000 which is not bad.

Part of it had to do with not having Drol readily available on my two gaming machines.

I have a Stelladaptor so I havent found much difference between emu and real deal - However I seem to be a bit better at Drol on the emu.

lol, I have a Stelladaptor as well and I like it's performance on AtariWinPlus but I still haven't worked up the courage to bring an Atari joystick to work :D