IGNORED

High Score Club Week 3: Mario Bros.!

Ze_ro

Another hint for when the fireballs give no warning, is to be careful when jumping between levels. Lets say you just knocked over a crab, and you're about to jump up a level to kick him off... instead of jumping, wait until the fireball appears on any level. This way you won't inadvertantly jump right into the fireball, and if it appears on the level that you are already on, you'll be able to jump to the next one to kick the crab, and then wait for it. This is especially important with the openings near the side of the screen, since you'll have very little time to avoid a fireball if it shows up in the wrong place.

--Zero

I said this already in a different way. It didn't get on the tips list though :ponder: http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...p=588402#588402

Decided to put myself on the board once I broke 100K. I never owned this game, but I do remember playing this one on my cousins 5200. That version is closer to the arcade version, but I (like Ze_ro) found the 2600 version graphically surprising. In anycase, seeing the most recent scores being posted it looks like this one is going to be tough to break into the top 10! Go Stan!!

- Sal

post-3636-1082511168_thumb.jpg

I am now officially a fan of Mario Bros 2600.

The graphics aren't the best part. The gameplay is quite challenging and they managed to get that part right.

Though if you really want graphics that are a bit better, try Rhindle's hack, Return of Mario Bros.

I'd like to enter this score as my 2nd highest score if you permit that

Sorry, only one score per person. I keep the highest, and dump the rest.

Is all I have to do is say "I'm ready, I'm ready, I'm ready" and start submitting scores?

That's right!

Yowza! :eek:

I've been having absolutely terrible luck at this game. It seems like every single time I take a risk going into the corner, that's where the fireball shows up. It's getting awfully frustrating :x

--Zero

Well, here's today's submission. Using just about all the tips provided I was able to eclipse my previous high. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if I'll get to play again before Sunday. :(

Hope this score holds up!!! :D

Way to go Stingray!!! You almost hit 300K! I'm sure you'll hit the magic mark by week's end, keep up the good gaming!

post-2215-1082573771_thumb.jpg