IGNORED

High Score Club Week 3: Mario Bros.!

Ze_ro

I got somewhere in the 70,000nds

Just a couple observations.

You can get the crabs twice if your quick.

The biggest problem with the last crab is he always resets to ZERO hits after exiting the bottom. Big oops on Atari's part in playtesting?

It is a pretty ok translation but I can think of a handful of "tweaks" that would make it oh so much better and oh so less frustrating.

Way to go Stingray!!! You almost hit 300K! I'm sure you'll hit the magic mark by week's end, keep up the good gaming!

I was hoping to hit 300k last night, but my sixer seems to have developed a problem and my Junior is in pieces on the bench. I guess I need to fix one or the other so I can get back in the game!

-S

By the way, has anyone else noticed that while Mario is falling (either from a jump, or just falling off a ledge), if you hold the button, he freezes in his jump pose when he hits the ground? Anyone found a use for this?

Also, since the bonus levels aren't very challenging, here's a challenge for you guys: Get all the coins, and then get back down to the bottom in time to hit the POW block. I think the block is replenished after every bonus round anyways. I've managed to clear the coins, and still have enough time to hit the POW block three times to eliminate it completely.

--Zero

OK gang, I posted the socres for the lat 2 weeks. See them here http://home.earthlink.net/~resqsoft/hiscore_club.htm

This weeks patch is: mario_patch.gif

For those waiting for your patch, please be patient. I am gong out of town on bussiness for a week, so you patches may arrive after next week.

Good Luck,

-Lee