IGNORED

c=64 gets a 30-1 game console

The Epyx Games series are a great start...

Kikstart would be awesome! I used to just rule that game :) Thing is...they'd have to make the level select screen joystick driven though...

I want to see Stunt Car Racer, Skate or Die, Jordan vs. Bird, Archon (yeah I know...not as good only one player), Master of the Lamps, Toy Bizarre, Accolade Comics, Mini Putt, Test Drive and about 400 other games on it...

Curious how they'll work around keyboard / function key usage...

Yes, Impossible Mission is an EPYX game. Playing it at my brother-in-law's house back in the day, I was seriously impressed with the digitized speech. It was the first time I had heard it on a computer without a voice synthesizer chip involved.

Yeah, IM wasn't THAT hard....it was a challenge, certainly, but once you really got the hang of it it was very do-able.

What's more, it was (is) still always fun to complete, even after you'd done it several times. That doesn't happen much these days.

• 3 weeks later...
If you have a Tapwave Zodiac handheld, you could always go for one of their EPYX C=64 compilations. I like the thought of having Temple of Asphai and Impossible Mission in my pocket wherever I go. Now, if I could just get my hands on a Tapwave to try out first before buying one.......

How is this thing doing anyways? Last I looked into it it looked very promising, but software (especially emu software) was kinda skimpy.

As for 3.5" disks. Believe me. I had an amiga, atari ST, and of course a PC. Anyways the 1.44 disks were always going bad on me on both the amiga and PC. Not sure about the ST cause I did not use it much. Sure the Amiga had a weird format, but the PC was having issues with them as well.

720k disks seemed more reliable.

Right now, the Tapwave can only be bought off the company's web site. That's not a good way to sell an electronic device. I'd like to look at if first, fool around with it, size it up. But I can't, because I have to shell out $300 just to touch one.

Online only buying is a good way to kill a product. Look what happened to the Be Box.

Right now, the Tapwave can only be bought off the company's web site. That's not a good way to sell an electronic device. I'd like to look at if first, fool around with it, size it up. But I can't, because I have to shell out $300 just to touch one.

Online only buying is a good way to kill a product. Look what happened to the Be Box.

A shame.. Last I read (a few months ago) I thought they were looking to get it into retail stores like best buy.

• 2 weeks later...

The Tapwave guys recently announced CompUSA would be carrying the Zodiac. I haven't been to CompUSA since then so I dunno if it's real or not. Doesn't really matter to me with the DS coming out around xmas.

Anyone heard any more about this C64 n-in-1 thing? I seem to have quite an n-in-1 collection going and it seems like an obvious addition since I actually owned a few C64's :D