IGNORED

FS Sega Dreamcast

Posted this to ebay tonight, stupid pricks pulled my auction because I mentioned it was made in 99, :roll: Kind of too late to repost, so I thought I'd drop a post by here in case anyone is interested. And I'm going to bed now so there won't be any replys to pm until the morning LOL I may would be willing to sub that game for something else, I have a sealed Unreal around here to, maybe something else I can part with.

$35 plus shipping

post-43-1084339923_thumb.jpg

But Dreamcasts play burned CD's regardless of when they were made.

Besides I don't see how they can pull something that was legitimately on sale on the market. Prototypes is one thing, but a legitimately bought and purchased Dreamcast is another.

But Dreamcasts play burned CD's regardless of when they were made.

Besides I don't see how they can pull something that was legitimately on sale on the market.  Prototypes is one thing, but a legitimately bought and purchased Dreamcast is another.

I was under the impression they closed that loophole in later manufactured models. Maybe I am remembering it wrong and they had planned on doing it but didn't.

You know eBay is a circus now, you should hear some of the stories from people who sell stuff besides videogames sometimes. :roll:

Just ask UK_WOMBLE about laptops for instance.

I said it had a production date of Nov 99 and that Nester works with it too. Maybe it was the tail end of that sentence that got me, ;) I didn't say NesterDC or emulators or any other words that I thought might throw up any flags. It works with Nester because of the production date, not because of any 'mods' Sooo I have to repost this thing, unless somebody here wants. I sent ebay an email about it, not that it'll do any good. I'm almost afraid to repost before I hear back from them. This is the second auction I've had pulled this week. Had some dvds up that got canned before, ironically enough, they were purchased off ebay LMAO from Silver Power sellers no less. Ebay's a joke.

And yes CPU is correct, there was a change made to later DCs that prevents them from working with the homebrew & emulation stuff. I don't recall the exact date, but I remember that being discused whenever someone was looking to buy a DC, the date had to be such and such.. I'm sure you could 'mod' the later models and then they will work too, but that would be against ebay rules to sell as such.

I was of the impression that there was a difference, but it's been awhile since I'd checked into that sort of thing. The above mentioned site actually still has a snippet about how to check if it will/won't work, and it's pics of two different dates one being '99, the other 2000, then a little further down they have edited it to add that even the newer DCs seem to work as well, no more are being listed as not compatible. :? So maybe just alot of people burned their games too fast and it wouldn't work or something at first with the newer DCs? It was most certainly an issue at one point, but I haven't followed and didn't realize it's a non issue now :dunce: