IGNORED

The Top 5 most influential games of all time!

Yeah! Midimaze is another.. 8)

As far 3D is concerned, we can go back from poly's to the vector based 3D like Tempest and Star Wars!

And then we can go back to the raster based 3D like Night Driver!!

After that I'm sure there's a few pinball games that might have given

off the illusion of 3D?!?!

:P

1)Super Mario Brothers (power-ups, invisible blocks, throw projectiles)

(wouldn't be possible without the original 2D platformer: Pitfall)

2)Legend of Zelda (first console game designed to be played to completion over many sittings; battery back-up save feature)

3)Pac-Man (IMHO did the most to excite people in the electronic gaming industry)

4)Pong (can't leave out the beginning of electronic gaming)

5)Street Fighter 2 (did more to popularize the video game fighting genre than any game prior)

okay, I'll make my list:

# 1.) Would always have to be Pong

# 2.) Would be PacMan

# 3.) Super Mario Bros

# 4.) DoomGL (Doom 1 / Doom 2 / Ultimate Doom / Wolf3D)

# 5.) Half-Life

Yes, I said it, Half-Life was an extreamly influential game in my life, and I think that it was to the world too. With out Half-Life would we have Counterstrike? the game that revolutionalized the online FPS gameplay experiance? Before Half-life did we have FPS with a true story line? And RPG elements in the game?

Pong = The whole video game business was started with this one. It proved there was a large audience for the entertainment form.

Pac-Man = This elevated videogames to a worldwide phenomenon. Pac-Man lodged videogames firmly into popular culture for the decades to come.

Street Fighter 2 = This game temporarily reinvigorated arcades before it also destroyed them. It refined the competitive game genre and defined the 16bit home game era.

Doom = While Castle Falkenstein started the craze, Doom entrenched the FPS genre into gamerdom. Personally, I feel this game, and the genre it represents, is devoid of any true merit. However, FPS games sell, and it is likely that within the near future there shall be nothing but this genre of game.

Everquest = While Ultima Online can also claim to be a largely successful MMORPG, EQ seems to have more brand recognition. EQ proves that you can get players to pay for the same game month after month. It represents the future of videogaming in its pay to play model.