IGNORED

ComLynx Net?

Certain

Hello everybody,

as I read the post of someone in the thread about the worst Lynx titles who said he never played a ComLynx game, I was reminded that it's the same case for me. :( There just aren't any Lynx gamers among my buddies.

However, I found out that there are some emulators for systems like the Super Nintendo / Super Famicom that allow multiplayer gaming over the internet.

Hm, wouldn't this be great for a lynx emulator? Or is there already some sort of emu that allows playing Lynx games over the net? If so, I would be glad to hear about it, and if not, I would be happy if someone could code it ;)

My personal dream would of course be to (somehow) plug my real Lynx into my PC to play California Games against somebody in the world... :D

I think the original author of Handy was working on implementing Internet play for a while. It worked with Songbird's Championship Rally, but not with other commercial releases. Handy is now open source, so someone could grab the source code and create a newer version of the emulator that has this feature.