IGNORED

I want my old MY Ebay back!

shining slade

Well, after few days of testing, say what you want but I like it! :)

They usually piss me off with their changes, but this time they made it right :thumbsup: By customizing it, you can get rid of postal costs someone complained about. Actually, you can customize almost EVERYTHING: select/deselect a whole category, sort the records, choose the fields, even sort the single fields in the order you want.

I like the fact that I can integrate my favourite searches in the same page, it's very handy. And I like those short service info: those will help me in not planning to snag something exactly when a site maintenance is planned :woozy:

Now, let's just hope they're not going to change it again soon :roll:

I still wish they would implement a method of sorting feedback in such a way so you could look at just the negatives and/or neutrals. Before buying from someone I haven't dealt with before, I always look at feedback to see how they have handled transactions in the past, especially the negatives to see how the seller handles complaints and problems. It gets really, really tiresome to pour through page after page after page looking for the negative feedback that was left 6mos to a year ago, especially on sellers who sell a couple hundred items a month and have a 98% feedback rating.

C'mon eBay... I don't want fancy banners or new looks; give me some tools that really help!

Mendon

Before buying from someone I haven't dealt with before, I always look at feedback (...) especially the negatives to see how the seller handles complaints and problems. It gets really, really tiresome to pour through page after page after page looking for the negative

See? I was right. The reason why they will never implement this facility is that customers would have easier access to negs, would get cautious, eventually would not bid. The items would sell for less or not sell at all, which would reflect - in the end - in a shrinkage of eBay's business.

Thus, my old theory: you will NEVER have that tool.

I wish eBay would stop tinkering with things, stop changing things.

Every time I log on to sell, usually once a week. Something has changed, and it can throw me for a couple of minutes, or sometimes even half an hour.

I use basic, short descriptions and a photo, same as always, all these bells and whistles get in the way.

I  like it  :!:  

*dons fire retardent suit in anticpation of flames*

Actually, I'm with Calli here. I think that the new "My eBay" layout is better. It's possible to get it to look more like the old one if you want.

I do agree that it's bad news that you can't change back, though.

I hate the new search layout. It only wants to let me see UK items, and makes it much more difficult to see completed items, etc.

However, making it harder to find what you want is probably good news for determined collectors, and bad news for sellers...which means that eBay will probably change it soon.

BLEH!!!

They just permanently implemented the change on eBay.ca.

Final verdict: It is Teh Suck.

Even worse it's buggy. All day it's been "Your preferences are currently not available" -- nor have any of the notes, and this afternoon "Items I've Won" totally disappeare -- only the header remained. None of my items were there.

And half the time when I hit the back button it can't reload the page 'cos the session timed out, and about half of the time when I try and change the preferences they don't save properly.

Jesus. You'd think they'd work out the bugs before they went ahead and pushed this on the rest of us, 'cos right now it's complete rubbish. Indeed, I want my old My eBay back, now.

I think the big mistake was not having the default setting set up as close

to the old version as possible. But what is most annoying is how slow it is

on my system. I find it quite sluggish and often Explorer hangs while  

trying to load it up. Anyone else have this trouble?

I ditched IE when I discovered Firefox. I haven't noticed any considerable slowdown in FireFox -- maybe a tad, but nothing that I'd consider irritating. I'm more irritated with the session timeouts that often as not prevent me from effectively using the back button to return to My eBay when I'm viewing something. (This is particularly noticeable when editing a preference and going back instead of hitting "save")

I also noticed you can't get rid of those damn eBay annoucements or reminder summaries. I ended up having to move those to the bottom.

I also noticed you can't get rid of those damn eBay annoucements or reminder summaries.  I ended up having to move those to the bottom.

Hm, you're right. I didn't notice it at first glance, since I've found them useful and decided to keep them anyway. That sucks quite a bit :(

Still fine with me overall, though. :thumbsup: