IGNORED

Video games related to the "Alien" movies

Aside from being an Atari collector, I also collect items from the Alien movies. One of my main goals has been to assemble a set of every Alien-related video game made for console systems or PC. Here's what I have come up with so far:

Alien - Amstrad

Aliens - Amstrad

Alien - Atari 2600

Alien Vs. Predator - Atari Jaguar

Alien - Commodore 64

Aliens - Commodore 64

Alien 3 - Commodore Amiga

Alien 3 - Famicom

Alien 3 - Gameboy

Alien Vs. Predator - Gameboy

Aliens: Thanatos Encounter - Gameboy

Alien 3 - Nintendo NES

Alien Trilogy - PC

Alien Vs. Predator - PC

Alien Vs. Predator 2 - PC

Alien Vs. Predator 2 Gold - PC

Alien Vs. Predator Gold - PC

Alien Vs. Predator Primal Hunt Expansion - PC

Aliens - A Comic Book Adventure - PC

Alien Resurrection - Playstation

Alien Trilogy - Playstation

Aliens Vs. Predator Extinction - Playstation 2

Alien 3 - Sega Game Gear

Alien 3 - Sega Genesis

Alien 3 - Sega Master System

Alien 3 - Sega Mega Drive

Alien Trilogy - Sega Saturn

Alien - Spectrum

Aliens - Spectrum

Alien 3 - Super Famicom

Alien Vs. Predator - Super Famicom

Alien 3 - Super NES

Aliens Vs. Predator - Super NES

Aliens Vs. Predator Extinction - XBox

This list is sorted by system, then by title. Anyway, can anyone think of any that I may have missed? I know there are packaging variations, PAL variations, etc that aren't on this list, but my main concern at the moment is getting one for each unique system out there.

BTW, all I'm missing (that I know of) are the Famicom & Super Famicom games, so if anyone wants to hook a brother up with any of those, please let me know. ;)

Thanks in advance for your help.

John

Electric Dreams made a game that is a HUGE adventure/shooter of the entire colony and processor complex (so big, it's very easy to get lost in). You probably have the multi-scenario Activision game, right?

Both games here...though the captions are mixed up.

http://members.iinet.net.au/~jaherne/alien...aliengames.html

Maybe he meant the 2600 cart (which can be played on the 7800).

BTW there was also a very early text-only adventure for the AppleII made way back in '79 as well (I played it a couple times back then)...but to this day I have still never found out who made it or how to find an image of it. It's not the one with partial text-based GFX...just a text-only adventure similar to Infocom games.

Here is a link to a list of Alien (and Predator) games on all systems. Both versions of the 8-bit Aliens are there, the US Mr Micro game and the UK Electric Dreams version (which I preferred).

I loved Alien on the Spectrum, really chilling for a game where you only see a map!

It's not part of the franchise, but it's worth mentioning the Darkseed games here... all the art is done by H.R. Giger, so it has a very "Aliens" feel to it, even if it's not directly related.

--Zero

yes theres definetly two seperate aliens versions for the C64....

and both play quite differently...ill have to look em up to tell u which ones were made by which company...

ok theres aliens 1986 by activision

and aliens 1987 by electric dreams software

post-4908-1085184794_thumb.jpg

post-4908-1085184795_thumb.jpg

I believe the 8th Passenger is correctly referring to both Alien games for the C64. Although there is an "Alien" for the C64, it has nothing to do with the movie. It's possible that he, just by mentioning two alien games for the C64, knows this already.

BTW - In addition to the list there is an Alien 3 for C64 as well. :)

Well you would have loved what I got off EBay about a year ago. I found a working ALIEN arcade machine and paid only $150 for it. It was the only bid, I never expected to win it but I did. Saddly it is not an ALIEN cabinet anymore since it is JAMMA I keep switching it to other things.

I believe the 8th Passenger is correctly referring to both Alien games for the C64. Although there is an "Alien" for the C64, it has nothing to do with the movie.

No, the C64 Alien has the names right and a plotline similar to the movie's (though who's the android is variable)...

c64alienp2.gif

A similar game was made for the Apple...but the names were all different...

aiiealienp7.gif

What 7800 game are you talking about?  I know the Lynx has the AVP prototype, but didn't know of anything for the 7800.

I was referring to the Xenophobe game for the 7800, like the 'aliens' the xenos mutate from crawling bugs that grab you up to large creatures that sure bear a resemblance to the adult aliens.

What 7800 game are you talking about?  I know the Lynx has the AVP prototype, but didn't know of anything for the 7800.

Actually, in Atari's master part number list, CX7896 was reserved for an Alien vs Predator game for the 7800. As far as I know, no one has ever found a prototype though. Chances are that the game was cancelled before development even started.

If you're interested in the Lynx game, there's a prototype of it on eBay right now! The current bid is only 21.55 British Pounds at the moment.

--Zero

As one hardcore Alien fan to another, your collection won't be complete until you track down a full version of the illegal Aliens Quake "total conversion" for Quake 1 (PC). It used creatures and sounds from the movies and was released circa 1995 quite some time before any official Aliens first-person shooters, and in many ways it was better and more scary than the official ones. The secret Nostromo level in particular is priceless. If I recall right, some of the developers of this TC went on to work at Fox Interactive helping with the official Aliens games that followed.

This may be a little off topic but do you collect other memorabilia from the movies as well?

I've been trying to complete a set of Alien Ressurrection movie buttons. I'm stuck with three missing from the set.

Thanks for the information, everyone. :) I have realized that there are a few that I'm still missing that I wasn't aware of (A3 for the C64, the U.S. version of Aliens for the Commodore (though I have both versions for the Spectrum, the U.S. version for the C64, and the U.K. version for Amstrad)). There are also all kinds of packaging variations as well, so I think that *if* this task ever becomes complete I could have up to 50 different pieces. Kind of fun...too bad I can't play them all. :)

This may be a little off topic but do you collect other memorabilia from the movies as well?  

I've been trying to complete a set of Alien Ressurrection movie buttons. I'm stuck with three missing from the set.

I do collect just about anything I can get my hands on from all Alien movies, but don't have any of the Resurrection pins. Which are you looking for? You can PM me if you'd like...I always enjoy talking with Alien collectors, as there seem to be so few of us out there. :)

If anyone's interested in seeing my collection, here are a few pictures

http://www.8thpassenger.com/images/alienco...collection1.jpg

http://www.8thpassenger.com/images/alienco...collection2.jpg

http://www.8thpassenger.com/images/alienco...collection3.jpg

http://www.8thpassenger.com/images/alienco...collection4.jpg

http://www.8thpassenger.com/images/alienco...collection5.jpg

shameless self promotion> :)

John

I believe the 8th Passenger is correctly referring to both Alien games for the C64. Although there is an "Alien" for the C64, it has nothing to do with the movie.

No, the C64 Alien has the names right and a plotline similar to the movie's (though who's the android is variable)...

DOH!!

Sorry, I was thinking of a different one with the same name.