IGNORED

FS: TG16 hucard converter adapter for imports new in box

defender

Sorry the pic is so big. Anyways. I have about 10 of these and they are all new in box. They allow you to play japanese hucard imports on a us tg16 or duo. I want $30 each for them. On Ebay these regularly sell for $50-$75 for used ones. Shipping will be an additional $4. If someone wants to get all 10 I will pay the shipping. I request Paypal and I will ship to confirmed addresses only.

Any questions?

turgoconvertersmall.jpg

Those look like they play US TG16 games on the PC Engine. Well from the picture at least, have you personally tested these?

And even if it could do what you say, sometimes they still don't work with the Duo.

But that picture shows a US game going into a Japanese system, what's up with dat?

If it does do what you say it does thou, put me down for one. :D

But have you tried playing USA games on Japanese console?  Japanese game will play fine on USA console with an adapter but not the other way around.

:ponder:

::slaps Susuwatari:: :twisted: :P

Hu cards are not crosscompatible either way. US won't work on Jap, and Jap won't work on US. You most definitely need an adapter like what Defender is offering, or need to mod the system.

The CD Roms are crosscompatible, both ways, Jap will work on US & US also works on Jap. But this is adapter for the cards not CDs. ;)

But have you tried playing USA games on Japanese console?  Japanese game will play fine on USA console with an adapter but not the other way around.

:ponder:

::slaps Susuwatari:: :twisted: :P

Hu cards are not crosscompatible either way. US won't work on Jap, and Jap won't work on US. You most definitely need an adapter like what Defender is offering, or need to mod the system.

The CD Roms are crosscompatible, both ways, Jap will work on US & US also works on Jap. But this is adapter for the cards not CDs. ;)

::redirects slaps to video game addict:: ;)

Turbo Grafx games do not work on Pc Engine systems EVEN with an adaptor, unless you modify the system first. I believe that is what Susuwatari was talking about.

@lost Monkey - thanks. That is waht I was talking about. I was hoping the converter being offered here is the one that could alter the game code a bit so the USA game will work on PCE.

@Keir - probably not. Laseractive module is rather small and you'd need a long and thin converter to use it. You might beb better off looking for an 8PDT switch and hack the Laseractive module so you can switch between USA and PCE mode. All you need is to flip the 8 data lines so D0 becomes D7, D1 becomes D6, D2 becomes D5, D3 becomes D4, D4 becomes D3, D5 becomes D2, D6 becomes D1, and D7 becomes D0. (This was a very simple trick NEC used to fight imports)

nope they wont fit in laseractive systems i have tried that on mine the kisado ones or "diving board" converters and the new not 100% reliable converters sold at www.tzd.com might fit but i have never tried those myself i only own the same converter defender is selling ...

I always thought the LaserActive could play both US and Japanese games without modifications or converters. That's what I remember reading about in an old videogame magazine. I only have the MegaLD Module for my LaserActive, and no Japanese games, so I can't try it out for myself.

I always thought the LaserActive could play both US and Japanese games without modifications or converters. That's what I remember reading about in  an old videogame magazine. I only have the MegaLD Module for my LaserActive, and no Japanese games, so I can't try it out for myself.

PC Engine Hucards would be the one exception to that rule.