IGNORED

My Jaguar Doesn't Work...

Dr. Feel Good

:ponder: Like the titles says, I bought my Jaguar about 2 years ago on eBay and got ripped off - it didn't work. I wouldn't mind finding a way to fix it, but I'm not a big tech guy, I mean I've never opened a system, never sodered anything like that.

The problem is simple, although odd, it seems like my Jaguar doesn't fit cartridges. I don't have any expierance with one so I'm not sure how it's supposed to function but from other cartridge systems I would think they would snap in or something. For my Jag they just sit there and can be easily pulled out without even trying.

Not only that but the power doesn't seem to be working either... when I try and turn it on nothing happens.

Should I just get a new one or what? They have become more exspensive lately...

It sounds like your not pushing the cartridge in far enough there should be a slight clunk when it pops in all the way. Although you can insert them with one hand two hands are better espically until your used to them as a one handed approach can be either not firm enough or result in the cartridge going in slightly lopsided.

Note:

1) The power and power light will not come on unless the Jaguar detects a cartridge or CD player inserted into the cartridge port. But you should check your power supply as well.

2) If you manage to get the unit to turn on and see a Red screen with the Jaguar logo this indicates a problem with the cartridge which may be caused by dirty contacts or more likely is again due to the cartridge not being fully inserted.

OMG! It works!! This whole time and it was my own stupidity... WOW! I cannot thank you enough, man. THIS IS AWESOME!! Zool 2 is swet! Bubsy is cooler! I can't wait to play Doom. Dude I can't thank you enough, I would have never even of known... thank you so much!!

Ya I dunno what Atari was thinking, but the cartridge slot on the Jag and Jag cd are very bad. Sounds and feels like you're gonna break something just to get the cartridge in there. Also when putting a cart in the Jag cd sometimes the force you must exert to snap it in place makes the Jag cd come a bit unhinged from the Jag console...a real pain. Also, no dust covering slots for when you remove the cartridge...why did they leave that out?

Dude I can't thank you enough, I would have never even of known... thank you so much!!

No problem and welcome to the wonderful world of Jaguar gaming. Doom is ok if you don't suffer from motion sickness by try Alien vs Predator alone and feel the terror. :D