IGNORED

nintendo store display value

wrldstrman

I've seen them for about $200 or so on eBay but it has been a while since I've watched eBay.

I have a SNES store display with working monitor that says SNES (some monitor are replacement and often don't mention Nintendo at all) plus I have the original key for the SNES system, a few original Allen wrench tool for the screws and a few business cards for local Nintendo ad representative. I have a few SNES demo label but nothing big like DKC (which are supposedly different from released version) or Starfox competition cart.

Some SNES works with the auto reset timer and some don't, it seems when the SNES deck are replaced, it isn't modified to connect with the reset circuit.

Kiosks are a weird kettle of fish since they're both rare, and really costly to ship. I think that a lot of collectors feel that if they're going to pay to ship an item the size of an arcade game, they'd rather buy an arcade game! :)

Personally I think that they're really cool. I've got a Dreamcast kiosk that I got for free after hounding Circuit City for a year to "encourage" them to get rid of the DC that they didn't even have turned on anymore. I just got a classic Game Boy kiosk off of Ebay for $50 since it wasn't too costly to ship.

I've seen newish console kiosks get anything from $20 - $250. There's a junk store by me that has a Playstation kiosk that they think they're going to get $350 for. Ha.

SOmeday if I have the room, I hope to pick up a couple more of these guys, since they're kinda neat. I especially like the GameCube one that's out now that's all metal with the CUbe inside a clear dome. Very retro-space looking. I also gotta get a Virtual Boy one someday so I can pretend that I'm looking out the periscope of a futuristic sub. :)

Yeah shipping's the bigest problem with them for ebaying. Hard to justify spending $2-300 plus another $200 or so to ship it. :( For Atari I think most would make an exception, it's not like they have been in stores in recent years or are easily tracked down. Honestly I think for the older ones repos can be made that look just as good or better in some cases for these.

I've got a Sega Saturn kiosk I paid $10 for it. Stupidly I threw out the cover that went over the system, :roll: It was jsut a hollowed out cabinet, no monitor or system when I got it, and I don't even have it set up anymore. It's storage space for other things now! ;) But I definitely think some of them are quite nice to look at, the Jaguar kiosk is quite nice, :love: And I'd probably piss myself if I ever walk into a thrift store and see a 5200 kiosk :lol: :ponder: :skull:

Okay, that Saturn kiosk rocks! My Dreamcast display is pictured below - I'm the middle guy BTW. I was lucky that I got mine with the DC installed (busted, so I popped in a $15 thrifted DC that I'd put into a cool transparent case), and the original TV. The kiosk is built around that particular television set, and I would have hated to try to track down the same model TV.

I gotta agree that I would also make some sort of allowances for an Atari kiosk if I saw one for sale that was affordable, since the Atari is what started it all for me. In the meantime if I can pick up these newer pieces for a coupla bucks here and there, it's gonna happen. :)

post-152-1085895175_thumb.jpg

Guess what just arrived in the mail? It needs a little help to get it working again, and the cabinet will need some Bondo love, but all in all - not so bad. I'm looking forward to how they hacked the Game Boy to output it's LCD display onto a television. Oh, and note that the bezel in front of the monitor is pea green so it matches the looks of the actual Game Boy display!

So VG Addict, lemme know if you're ever getting rid of the Saturn kiosk! Now that I've got two of these store displays, I guess I'm officially a collector of them. :)

post-152-1086156120_thumb.jpg

I bought my dreamcast kiosk with dc system and nin64 along with mario party all for $35 ! at target 2 or 3 years ago !!! 8) I used to have a saturn kiosk that i got for free but my friend converted it into a neo geo cd so i sold it for $50 to a game store lol ha

Was it the same DC kiosk as mine? I've seen a couple different varieties - mostly ones that attach to shelving units, or I recall one really tall one that they had at Circuit City stores - they used the same basic unit for all their games. It almost lookied like a basketball net backboard up in the airr like that! :)

Any pics? I'd love to see your stuff. The converted Saturn kiosk sounds pretty rad too.