IGNORED

Love old arcade games? Here's the best thing ever!

Hey guys, what is A4 paper?? I have a fairly new lexmark z32 color printer and when I click print everything goes like normal until it starts to print then it prints like 1/4 of the arcade on one page and doesnt do anything else, it would take like 4 or six pages to print the whole thing its that big, is it supposed to print the whole thing on 1 regular sheet of paper?? I looked at all the settings and everything and cant figure out what is going on??? :?

A4 is the standard "letter size" paper everywhere else in the world except the US (and maybe Canada, I don't actually know.) Printing one of these images to letter size paper pretty much means telling whatever program you're printing the image with to scale the graphic to fit the page, and that varies quite a lot from program to program.

Me, I'll probably just insert the graphic in Openoffice Draw so I'll be able to see exactly how much of the page it'll fill. It's pretty easy to do the same sort of thing in Visio, and if you have a copy of Adobe InDesign it'll really be smooth.

That's pretty cool! I hope he makes some more. Star Wars would be at the top of my list 8)   And no Asteroids? What's up with that?

Jeff

Don't worry, more are on the way. Probably including the two you mentioned. ;)

Here's an useful link for paper sizes: http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-paper.html

To convert from mm to inch, divide by 25.4 so 210x297 (A4 size) would be close to 8.26 by 11.7 or slightly narrower but longer than US letter size.

I'm off to try and build a few cabs. Fortunately a printer I'm getting cheap can handle up to A2 or nearly twice the Ledger size paper. Mayve I could build a bigger paper cab and wire the control and display to the PC MAME. :D

OK so what kinda paper would you peeps recommend (thickness wise) for us US patrons?

Ordinary printer paper is the easiest to use. The quality won't be quite as good, but it's easier to fold, and generally comes in A4 size. I managed a decent looking Defender with normal printer paper. I don't know what would be better for sturdier versions though.

Ordinary printer paper is the easiest to use.  The quality won't be quite as good, but it's easier to fold, and generally comes in A4 size.  I managed a decent looking Defender with normal printer paper.  I don't know what would be better for sturdier versions though.

Matte paper if you have a photo printer, card stock if you do not.

One word: sweet!

I'm about to doze off for the night right now, but in the morning I'm going to try to make some. I was already going to play around with printing up stuff anyhow. Maybe a set for home, and a set for the cubicle at work. The only tough part is that my Color Laserjet 5 isn't designed to take card stock, so after a few prints it feed-jams.

I'm sure we all have our preferences, and I think that was an excellent choice of games, but I think Joust deserves to be in there too -- a great game with great cabinet art.

Those pictures with the dolls are amazing. They really do look like the real thing if you don't look too close.