IGNORED

Love old arcade games? Here's the best thing ever!

I'm sure we all have our preferences, and I think that was an excellent choice of games, but I think Joust deserves to be in there too -- a great game with great cabinet art.

I wouldn't be surprised to see that one before too much longer either. I think all the acknowledged classics will be included eventually.

I don't know how, but somehow, eventually, I'll get a 2" TFT into one of these things :D

LOL, running MAME no less. :)

..Al

Is there a GBA version of MAME yet?

People keep talking about using a GBA SP for this, but the SP's screen can't bend back far enough to get put into an arcade-cabinet-shaped device. You'd have to either remove the screen, or look for a surplus TFT of appropriate size with composite and/or SV connectors (or at least pins), which is what I mean to do.

Not high on my priority list though :D

I don't know how, but somehow, eventually, I'll get a 2" TFT into one of these things :D

LOL, running MAME no less. :)

..Al

Is there a GBA version of MAME yet?

People keep talking about using a GBA SP for this, but the SP's screen can't bend back far enough to get put into an arcade-cabinet-shaped device. You'd have to either remove the screen, or look for a surplus TFT of appropriate size with composite and/or SV connectors (or at least pins), which is what I mean to do.

Not high on my priority list though :D

I'm sure if you have a lot of time and a spare GBA SP on your hands, you can do it in a weekend. Even wire up the controls to the panel. Of course, is the lead to the screen gonna be long enough to rotate the screen.. if it needs to be. Like to make it vertical. If a Mame emulator on the GBA could do that.

Sounds like a neat project.. not something I'm interested in, but I'd love to see it done.

I really need some lights to take better up-close pictures, but this one should be good enough...

Ummm... .all I can say in response to that is...

DRAGON SLAVE!!

:D

I love Lina Inverse!

Nice picture :)

Is that paper cabinet supposed to be Gauntlet? Just curious cause I was not able to figure out which game it was but it reminded me of Gauntlet.

Yup, that's Gauntlet. :)

The only tough part is that my Color Laserjet 5 isn't designed to take card stock, so after a few prints it feed-jams.

I used heavyweight paper, it worked fine and is stiff enough to make the cab look 'solid'. 8)

Here's my Defender cab:

defender_cab.jpg

"My precious!" :D