IGNORED

Creating a Game Room - Suggestions Please?

Thanks all for the tips!! I cant wait to get out shopping and getting my room looking like a game room..

MAN! i really wanna see what some of your guy's rooms look like, they sound AWESOME! Does anyone have any pics of their room or know where there are pics of people's games room? I'd really like to see some, ive already seen the ones of DP, and those are sawweeeeet! lol..

thanks

Megan

I'd love to see pics of the new game room

-I'll try to put some of mine up, but most everything is conceiled, and it will never be up to date.

Maybe a bulliton board (I dunno, I have one.)

You might want to work a little more with the closet of the room

Depending on its size, it can look very cool.

The closet! i never thought of that! Right now all my junk and stuff is piled in there because i have no desks or shelfs to put it on, so im going shopping for bookcases, shelfs, and stands this weekend, and a tv. But once my closet is cleaned out, all ill have in there are cloths, but i can probably find another place for them. So what could i do in the closet? Any ideas? lol...sorry if i sounds dumb!

thanks

Megan

THis might sound stupid, but I would have all your game magazines, printouts, codebooks, and other stuff in there. Its a great place to go to escape to and read a magazine. You might also consider placing shelves to hold joysticks, controllers, and other accesories. Maybe a little Handheld system room?

Its going pretty good. I have everything set in the place i want it, and later today we are picking up the entertainment center/cabinet thingy, and my tv and stero. We were at the store last night, and i picked out which ones i wanted, so today my dad could help us load it home.

I have a quick question. What size tv should i get? I wanted to get like a 36" or something like a while ago, but when i looked at the tv's again yesterday, those are just TOO big, so i settled on getting a 27". But my mom says thats still too big!! lol, what size tv's do u guys got? and what size would u reccomend?

Thanks again!

Megan

I have a 20" Apex TV that I love, and it's only $100. :) My only complaint is that if you turn it off with the tv, you can't turn it back on with the remote.

Boy, if you're able to get all of this stuff, you must live in Edina or Eagan or something :D

--lol, i live close to eagan, in IGH actually. Ive bee saving up my money for a LONNGG time, so i could redo my room :)

I just got back from walmart, and i got the entertainment center, but man, was the box HEAVY, and theres soo many boards to put together!! AHHH, me and my dad are gonna be BUSY tonight. I also bought a 24" flatscreen TV, its not accuatly a flat plasma tv, its like flast screen so the pic is better, lol. But yea, the entertainment center has tons of shelfs and cd/dvd racks, and adjustble shelves too, so im excited to put it togehter later :) Ill take some pics and post them once its all done, which will probably be late tonight.

I have the atari 2600 and gamecube right now. I sold practically every system a had, a while agao. I regret it soo much! :(

Well i gotta go eat some pizza!

-Megan

make sure you can get behind the tv to switch wires (if you have a lot of systems)

I just bought some Game selectors at Gamestop (1) ant one at Fye you can plug Composite, coaxial (Gamestop only) and S-video cords in at once, and use them at the touch of a button.

Also, make sure you dont keep all the power supplies pluged in 24-7. Just plug one in when you need to and unplug it when your done; they dont last forever.

They don't? One of mine is still here with me for the computer stuff, been there for 10 years. The two in my game room are pretty new. But I guess you could say: "dont make em' like they used too".

I'd also love to see some pics of the room.

Good luck, centerice.

My living room of my apt also doubles as my game room. HOwever, I will be looking for a better setup because if I could find a smaller computer desk, I can add a corner entertainment center with storage for games.

Make sure the TV is at least 20" so that you can get a really nice pic.

If you find Commodore 64 monitors lying around, pick one up! You can plug systems such as the NES, PS2 and any system that supports A/V to a C64 monitor for a truly authenic experience!

Hey all, sorry for the delay, im gonna quick post some pics, cuz im on my way out to skool. Ill explain them when i can get on the site at skool, talk then!

P.S-sorry if the pics are too big, i tried resizing them, but im not sure if it worked.

i gotta go! later

sweet! thanks for the pic man!

i dont have any NES games at the moment, but i mite get started collecting them. So if i ever get that many games, now i know how to store them!

Thanks again!

-Megan

P.S-i just got the Halo Editon XBOX to add to my collection!! it ROCKS!!!