IGNORED

HAUNTED ADVENTURE - BOO! FINAL BIN & HTML MANUAL

atwwong

Haunted Adventure - Boo! is the revised version of Haunted Adventure with additions that were not possible without the optimized Adventure code and lots of help from you Atari fans! :thumbsup:

Haunted Adventure – Boo! game changes from Adventure:

· all corridors and background changed graphically to be more like Haunted House

· almost all colours changed

· additional scenes

· mazes changed and coding for invisible mazes and scene differences for games 2 and 3 vs. game 1

· entrances have replaced castles

· all item locations changed

· items and graphics changed:

-skull (chalice)

-sceptre (sword) (thanks James Francis)

-ladder (bridge) with some coding for size difference

-dismembered hand (magnet)

-bat looks more like Haunted House bat

-eye (dot)

-keys look like Haunted House key

-level select numbers similar to HH

-1E room :)

-ghosts (dragons)

· all ghosts have unique graphics (thanks James Francis for the original old man Graves graphics concept)

· speed change in ghosts

· three ghosts in game one

· one key changed into a shovel with new coding (thanks Nukey Shay)

· doors (portcullises) slightly enlarged and have crosses

· one door changed into a grave with coding (thanks Nukey Shay)

· 2 bytes free :)

Porting everything to the optimized code allowed for more flexibility and fun. I've managed to (with lots of help from Nukey and Brian) fill up everything except for 2 bytes in a 4k program. I've made some significant changes from the original Haunted Adventure that you will notice (and maybe not) if you've played the original.

In the html manual, I've tried to credit everyone who has helped on this project; if I have forgotten you, let me know and I'll include you in the manual that Rhindle is making and update the html one.

This is the version that Rhindle is making the cart label art and manual for the AtariAge store. Unless someone finds a horrible bug, this will be the final version. Again, I'd like to thank everyone who helped out or made comments in the forums; all the encourage made this the more enjoyable.

Yes, I'm supposed to be studying but this "project" keep haunting me! :D Now, as I keep telling everyone, it's time for me to hit the books, after I hit the bed!

Keep on adventuring!

Anthony Wong :)

haunted_adventure___boo_.zip

post-32-1085992143_thumb.jpg

post-32-1085992144_thumb.jpg

post-32-1085992145.jpg

So....After "Hitting the books" whats on the atari hack Agenda?
I'm thinking of playing around with 8k bankswitching :)

BTW, I forgot to mention:

the game is unmodded-Supercharger friendly
Hopefully I've done this right... :ponder: (trying to follow Nukey's wisdom :D)

post-32-1086079550.jpg

There was a glitch in a map in the Storage area that affected gameplay, although you could still win (the error occurred when maps were being moved around to avoid crossing over pages). This has been fixed.

Also, the html manual has been updated to give Out_of_Gas credit for naming Haunted Adventure, as well as cleaning up some of the pictures and adding a couple more...

This is most likely the final version. :)

haunted_adventure___boo__fixes_01.zip

post-32-1086173464.jpg

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very cool - reminds me more of a hack between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Haunted House :)

One suggestion - when the white dragon, I mean Ghost ;) - Opens its mouth it is a bit akward looking - otherwise this is a very interesting twist on some classics!

Very cool - reminds me more of a hack between Raiders of the Lost Ark and Haunted House :)
Hey! I loved Raiders! I never thought of that! :D

One suggestion - when the white dragon, I mean Ghost ;) - Opens its mouth it is a bit akward looking - otherwise this is a very interesting twist on some classics!
Hmmm... which looks better? (see below) Depending on comments, I may change the final release to v102 (StanJr's gonna hate me ;) )

post-32-1086585352.jpg

post-32-1086585353.jpg

...Opens its mouth it is a bit akward looking

"Ghost's" attack causes its body to expand (shock value for first time players); no changes to graphics will be made.

I will leave the final version as "fixes01" (4 posts above) with the bin file date of 06/02/2004 2:37AM. (The initial bin release version dated 05/30/2004 08:27 PM has a bug.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Update:

Rhindle the Red has promised to have the Haunted Adventure - Boo! label art and manual finished by Halloween!

To celebrate this and satisfy my current hacking urge, and since there hasn't been an update to the 2600 hack page, I'm going to drive whomever's going to update that page crazy ;) by releasing a Haunted Adventure - Boo! final update:

V.103 Final - Sounds

changed the attack sound, player dying sound, and ghost disappearing sound (to be like the sequel); nothing else because I only have 2 bytes free.

haunted_adventure___boo_v103.zip

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Everything's done for the Haunted Adventure Special Edition Pack (except for some minor manual corrections)!

I'm sponsoring a box design contest for the Special Edition pack. The prize is ***drum roll*** a Boxed Special Edition Pack. See the details in the contests forum:

http://atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=61061

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...