IGNORED

A new game demo for the Lynx - Space Lock

Fadest

Hi,

This is my first post, so here is a brief presentation, I'm a french guy (apologize for my bad english), 31 old, developping a little on Lynx (this is very short, I know).

Past week end held in France the Jaguar Connexion, a very cool gaming convention with lot of stuff (not only atari).

I just released at this convention a demo version of my first Lynx game, which is based on Lunar Lockout by Binary Arts (a classic puzzle which I mean is more popular in America than in Europe). We managed to put it on a custom cartridge (many thanks Vince) and I think it is good on real Lynx (am I objective, I don't know :D )

You can find find a Rom on this page : http://fadest.free.fr/DevLynx (in french only but the game is in english)

The aim is to bring the red ship to the center of the screen. You can move every ship by selecting it with cursor (on the border of the screen, when ship is selected, the pilot and his name appeared on right screen)) and giving a direction. The ship will move util it is blocked by another ship (if it get off the screen, the level is lose)

There are 22 original levels (not those from the Lunar Lockout), don't try a level after 22 in selector and you can create your own levels (have a look on the web page).

Sceduled enhancement :

a nice background with objective (the center of the scren) materialised

when entering custom code, display of the ships on a little grid

of course, many more levels

music

rework on use of option button while playing (no way to quit a level)

If you have any remark, I will be glad to read tem, many thanks

Thanks,

Yes Matthias, you are right, there are more to see in the credits than the title, scroll down (hope I made no mistake on names, tell me if I'm wrong, I will correct in next release), I guess I should add some arrows on screen when scroll down/up is possible.

TailChao, I have no merit on the concept, I just took an excellent, very simple and addictive idea (in my opinion) and put it into my first Lynx program.

I just want to add that Zonik is really impressive, keep the good work too, the Lynx needs new games.