IGNORED

Mommy, why do cartridges die???

johnnywc

So - does anyone here want a challenge? How about trying to revive my Subterranea cart? I'll ship it to you and let you have at it. I'm not too good with a soldering iron - many have said I am down right dangerous with one...

Of course, if you get it working, I would like it back... In return, I have plenty of common carts I'd be willing to pay with...

So what do you say? Anyone? Anyone?

Send it my way...I have fixed a few of my 2600 carts which had things like a cracked PCB..etc. Also some of those latter carts used resistors or caps in them sometimes and I have found some of those to go bad.

The label thing is the only bit I am unsure of. I haven't ever removed a label with the hairdryer method before...but shall have to give it a go for such a prestigous gem.

anyway, shoot me an email if your interested in this. Especially for trade since you probably would have a few commons..I may not have.

Crossbow & PH:

Thanks for the offers! Crossbow : I already have the PCB/ROM out of the case, so the label is not an issue. It actually came off quite easily (with no damage). I used a cuticle remover to get under the label (so as not to bend it). It was my wife's idea...

Anyway, I contacted Ben via the E-mail he provided. Crossbow, if you'd like to post yours or contact me, I'm at jchamp@champdesigns.com.

Thanks everyone for your support!

I bought the game Radar Lock from ebay once. It was still sealed in the box but the box was crunched up bad. So I opened it and took the game out. The cart itself looked in mint shape, not a scratch. I tried it and nothing, a blank screen. Then I cleaned it and tried it again, nothing. So I tested my other carts to make sure it wasn't the system, and they all worked. Since I only spend around 12 bucks on it I took the cart apart. (it killed me to damage the label but it was worthless to me in nonworking condition) When I took the board out I noticed that the chip was not completely set in the board. So not being very skilled with a soldering iron I decided to give it a try and reset the chip. Well I destroyed it by trying. I still don't have a copy of that game.