IGNORED

Completed my 7800 collection

rolenta

heh i got Ace of Aces already

I have 40 games and out of the ones left i need these would be the ones i would like to have and play in this order of which ones (but any would be ok for a trade) oh and the boxes are not important if you have one and want to keep the box incase you find another with just the cart and manual

1-Midnight Mutants

2-Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

3-Planet Smashers

4-Ninja Golf

5-Ikari Warriors

[ 11-28-2001: Message edited by: Lemmi ]

Well heres my list of games left to get for the 7800 which i got from Secret Quests list of games http://atari.ninjahackers.com

1-Midnight Mutants

2-Mean 18 Ultimate Golf

3-Planet Smashers

4-Ninja Golf

5-Ikari Warriors

Basketbrawl

Crack'ed

Double Dragon

Mario Bros

Mat Mania Challenge

Rampage

Scrapyard Dog

Summer Games

Tank Command

Title Match Pro Wrestling

Tomcat F-14 Fighter

Water Ski

quote:

Originally posted by rolenta:

...and joins my complete Jaguar collection.

With only three (probably obtainable) games needed to complete my US 2600 collection, maybe I'll start working on 5200 games now.

Guess I should get busy and release another Jag game, eh? Protector: Special Edition is coming in 2002!

And how about a complete Lynx collection? Even I don't have one -- I'm missing T-tris and Super Off-Road for sure, maybe one or two others.

I'm damn close to finishing my 7800 collection. I still need:

Alien Brigade

Rampage

Titlematch Pro Wrestling

7800 32 in 1 cart (not sure if this really counts)

7800 Diagnostic cart

F-14 Tomcat (Box only)

Impossible Mission (Box only)

Kung-Fu Master (Instructions only)

Can anyone help me out?

Tempest

quote:

Originally posted by Tempest:

I'm damn close to finishing my 7800 collection. I still need:

Alien Brigade

Rampage

Titlematch Pro Wrestling

7800 32 in 1 cart (not sure if this really counts)

7800 Diagnostic cart

F-14 Tomcat (Box only)

Impossible Mission (Box only)

Kung-Fu Master (Instructions only)

Can anyone help me out?

Tempest

What do you have to trade? (7800/5200)

What condition do the games need to be in? (I have well used carts, labels fair-poor and maybe instructions-I have to look)

I might be willing to trade my copies of Rampage an/or Titlematch. I also have Alien Brigade, new, in the box (box is smashed), but it's PAL.

Since everybody else seems to be in the 7800 trade mode, I have some really good 7800 games available. I only need a boxed copy of Title-Match Pro Wrestling to complete my 7800 collection. I have the following games available for trade:

Alien Brigade, new

Basketbrawl, new

Fatal Run, new

Water Ski, new

Impossible Mission, CIB (like new)

Xenophobe, new

Ikari Warriors, CIB

Motor Psycho, new

TANK COMMAND, CIB

For a REASONABLE offer I will trade for the Title-Match box and docs only; I already have the cart.

Some body out there has to have this game. Email me at rom1531@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

I just won tank command so that completes my 7800 released NTSC collection (I don't consider the monitor or high score cart part of the games library)

It was a loose cart won on ebay won for $56. Maybe a little steep, but who cares? Now my intv, 5200, and 7800 collections are all complete. Just going to pick up dreamcast games for awhile.

Might get enthused someday and buy the kit to modify a 7800 for PAL games. Klax and Sentinal would be cool, plus an Impossible Mission you could actually finish.

John

quote:

Originally posted by John Soper:

Yeah! Three light gun games just isn't enough.

I'll see if I can get a few of these made for you guys. I'm thinking I'll use the PAL Sentinel Game to really make it look authentic. (i.e. the label box, etc)

Just got to peel those labels off very carefully.

quote:

Originally posted by Tizoc:

I'll see if I can get a few of these made for you guys. I'm thinking I'll use the PAL Sentinel Game to really make it look authentic. (i.e. the label box, etc)

Just got to peel those labels off very carefully.

That would be pretty cool, maybe you could release it at CGE or some other upcoming classic gaming event. Although I have to assume you're joking about sacrificing PAL Sentinels as donors.

..Al

quote:

Originally posted by Albert:

That would be pretty cool, maybe you could release it at CGE or some other upcoming classic gaming event. Although I have to assume you're joking about sacrificing
as donors.

..Al

Actually the more I think about using the PAL sentinels, the more I like the idea. I am reasonably sure I can remove the label without damiging it. I can then put in a new NTSC proto rom on the same PCB. Using Mitch's mod for this of course. I don't see any reason why anybody would want a PAL sentinel for their collection when they could have it as NTSC and actually play it. So really there wouldn't be any less Sentinel's in the world, just some of them would be NTSC.

Although the drawback to using the PAL carts as donors is the price. PAL sentinels don't come cheap, and they are not easy to find. I'm hoping I can find a few for a decent price.

CGE is a very good idea, but IMHO, If anybody should release this game for CGE it should be Mitch, after all it is his mod. If he's interested, maybe we could work on something like this? Maybe even KLAX! I think it would be a lot of fun.

quote:

Originally posted by Tizoc:

Actually the more I think about using the PAL sentinels, the more I like the idea. I am reasonably sure I can remove the label without damiging it. I can then put in a new NTSC proto rom on the same PCB. Using Mitch's mod for this of course. I don't see any reason why anybody would want a PAL sentinel for their collection when they could have it as NTSC and actually play it. So really there wouldn't be any less Sentinel's in the world, just some of them would be NTSC.

Although the drawback to using the PAL carts as donors is the price. PAL sentinels don't come cheap, and they are not easy to find. I'm hoping I can find a few for a decent price.

CGE is a very good idea, but IMHO, If anybody should release this game for CGE it should be Mitch, after all it is his mod. If he's interested, maybe we could work on something like this? Maybe even KLAX! I think it would be a lot of fun.

Maybe it's time to have a new NTSC Sentinel label contest? I could live with that.

Eric

Before you go and accquire a larger stack of PAL Sentinel cartridges to modify them into NTSC versions, you might want to get a single copy and check out what board it uses. Mitch's modification requires a special board type that might not have been used for this game. I'm not sure if this board was used in any of the PAL games at all.

And for what is wrong with destroying a rare PAL game: As long as the game stays PAL not too many NTSC collectors would want it, which would increase the chances for PAL collectors to find a copy. But then again maybe NTSC collectors would finally stop buying PAL Sentinel carts and PAL 7800 consoles if they had NTSC copies of Sentinel, which would probably be even better for us PAL collectors.

Ciao, Eckhard Stolberg

Wow, this thread has taken an interesting turn. Let's see...

The PAL Sentinel does use the same board as the NTSC Sentinel and Klax. The board number is C300595. I believe the NTSC version of Meltdown uses this board as well and as O'shea's still seems to have them in stock, that would probably be the cheapest way to go.

As far as releasing some at CGE, I don't know, that would be a big undertaking. Especially if you were trying to get PAL Sentinel carts, that could get expensive real quick.

Then, of course, you have the problem of some people trying to pass them off as real protos. And there's the copyright issue as well.

A better plan may be to do them like Randy at Hozer does. Make a labeless cart and sell it for around cost, probably ~$15-$20. If you use Meltdown cart's from O'shea's and get the EPROM's in bulk it might be doable.

What I'd really like to see is a hack of the NTSC Impossible Mission so that it's beatable. Anybody care to try?

By the way, in case anyone wants to pick up a copy of the PAL Sentinel here's a german online store that seems to have a few left in stock. However, I believe their minimum overseas order is around $50.

Mitch

http://atari7800.atari.org

• 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by ubersaurus:

*hides his Rampage and book*

*Sneaks over to ubers house during the night and pulls off a Impossible Mission to retrieve the contents of Rampage*

*Then he remembers that its Impossible to finish that mission*