IGNORED

Bubble Bobble

Tezz

And to think, Spectrum owners in the UK used to continuously argue with C64 owners over who had the better machine.

Fat chance of wiinning such an argument with a piece of crap like that.

I also think that way...

There are Games and Games!...

DEATH CHASE it's better if in Hi-Resoution... SABOTEUR also.

But going this way and always count with XXL doesn't seems the best option.

Or maybe having a ZX Emulator optimized with that old PMs. colouring that never got anywhere... or XXL does the Emulator (now me wanting XXL to do more ;), but if anyone asks for him then I am also 'son of God'!...

:)

José Pereira.

Edited by José Pereira

Not sure on the C64 version.

I know one thing... it'd be a good candidate for some VBXE conversion action.

xxl's stuff... I don't think much of it is emulation (if any) - I asked him before and he just takes blocks of the Z80 code and converts to 6502 by hand... pretty hardcore stuff.

Avram Excellent news about Bubble Bobble! So how about some work-in-progress screenshots..

Well, as requested in the 3D thread, here's some WIP screenshots on Bubble Bobble. It's a bit early in it's development but now that it's been mentioned, here's some shots for you all.

What I want to achive is as close to the arcade version as possible (although with the C64 title music)

The music is of course WIP too but let me know what you think of it so far.

I'm determined to finish this project and not leave it half finished. Any help would be apreciated though !!

;)

First Post of this Thread.

It's not C64 conversion of Gfxs.

I wasn't even 'alive here' :ponder: you guys are getting older :P

BUBBLE BOBBLE on A8 'The Begining...'

Edited by José Pereira

Avram Excellent news about Bubble Bobble! So how about some work-in-progress screenshots..

Well, as requested in the 3D thread, here's some WIP screenshots on Bubble Bobble. It's a bit early in it's development but now that it's been mentioned, here's some shots for you all.

What I want to achive is as close to the arcade version as possible (although with the C64 title music)

I'm determined to finish this project and not leave it half finished. Any help would be apreciated though !!

;)

Not sure what a graphics screen and a pokey tune just put togher have to do with a playable game?

Edited by emkay

;)

Not sure what a graphics screen and a pokey tune just put togher have to do with a playable game?

I think we all know Tezz.

He has Engine for that!

(We talked about this some Months ago ;) but he wants to finish ManicMiner first)

EMKAY Posted on Wed Jun 23, 2004 10:53 AM:

Are we really going to see a full playable Bubble Bobble on the A8?

BTW: It's cool man 8)

You are getting older.

I didn't meet you in 2004 but you are like that old razing guys, always :x

'EmkMan' stay :cool:

Edited by José Pereira

You are getting older.

LOL

It must have a cause that 7 years passed by without any Bubble Bobble on the A8 ;)

You are getting older.

LOL

It must have a cause that 7 years passed by without any Bubble Bobble on the A8 ;)

Not necessarily.

We all are busy guys.

And from what I know it's not that difficult the way things were thought...

Just other things may be have come.

• 1 year later...

Is this project still alive?

I'm looking for a good game for my hardware tests, and BB looks perfect for this...

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/202347-nostys-tomek-cartridge-for-8-bit-atari-great/page__st__25#entry2605112

But I don't want to reproduce Tezz's work.

Animation is not a problem for me, but the game's rules seems very complex (many monsters and items) I can't find any source code nor map's source.

BB was ported for almost ANY system except Atari XL/XE. Shame :(

• Like 1

Hi Nosty, no it's not dead per se but it was put aside with the intention of returning back to it after completing the other games. BB's is the largest single project I've considered undertaking. You're not wrong about it's complexity, there's several things (some subtle, some not so) that most conversions missed and/or didn't quite reproduce correctly from the original. Although saying that they did a very good job over all to get the game out under the usual constraints and commercial deadlines that us homebrewers have the luxury of avoiding :) I'm coming to the end of some projects now and I'd be happy to work on BB as a team effort if anyone is interested.

That proof of concept is intriguing, I've not heard about it, do you know who was behind it? Both Vega and NRV did poc's many years ago but I've not seen this one.

EDIT> I didn't look earlier which thread that yt link was in, yes absolutely it would definately benefit taking advantage of the new carts features! I'd be very interested in it.

Edited by Tezz

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bump! This looks awesome! I wanted to do a Bubble Bobble port for the Atari Lynx. I've sent you a PM, basically just curious if you've done it in ASM or C or what?

The Lynx screen size will be a challenge, and i've already got 1 title that I am actively working on, with 2 more in the pipeline but I might do a Lynx version of Bubble Bobble at some point. Originally I intended to disassemble the NES version and port the code directly to the Lynx, with changes to accommodate interrupts, screen size, sound, palette, graphics, input etc. Works out easier to just write from scratch lol.

Keep up the great work =)

• 6 years later...