IGNORED

Atari 7800 20th Anniversary - sneak peak

Curt Vendel

I am working now on the recap of the 20th Anniversary Reunion of the Atari 7800/GCC.... here is a little sneak peak of one of the many items that were on display, I finally had an opportunity tonight to take some better pictures of these items and also to go back to some of the other photo's and put in some captions and descriptions.

TIA-MARIAS.jpg

Curt

okay I will have the 20th anniversary recap up tomorrow, getting kinda late and I am not finished with the webpages yet, so in the meantime, here is another sneak peak...

This is the proto of what the 7800 computer keyboard would become, it is working and I hope to finally be able to decypher the PIC MCU inner workings soon and see if a low cost replica can be made for everyone to try out and enjoy...

7800-proto-comp_kb1.jpg

Curt

This is the proto of what the 7800 computer keyboard would become, it is working and I hope to finally be able to decypher the PIC MCU inner workings soon and see if a low cost replica can be made for everyone to try out and enjoy...

:thumbsup:

I want one! :)

Mitch

:thumbsup:

I want one! :)

Mitch

Awesome, I'd probably spring for one, too! :)

Has something changed recently that makes you think that you can do it now? The last I knew was that reproducing the MCU was to expensive so the only other option was to find the original source code to this chip and rewrite it for a less expensive/more modern one. Hopefully the GCC guys can help you out with this.

Allan

Okay, a few days late, but here is the 20th Anniversary recap...

The delay was due to a new menu design for the Atari 7800 section of atarimuseum.com in general...

Some new area's are being added and some subsections will also be updated as well, but the new 7800 Main Menu is up and the 20th Anniversary Reunion section is up as well...

Enjoy the recap and photo's and I know come tomorrow morning there will be a lot of questions about one image in particular and I'll say this much now... the wirewrap proto is being worked on and because of some really funky stuff going on with it, emulation is VERY limited, but being worked out, some other items will be made available shortly...

Just need a few more days (and a little sleep too ;-)

http://www.atarimuseum.com/videogames/cons.../7800/7800menu/

Curt

Just so people know, I finished the transcription of the panel Monday night, after a marathon session in which I finished the last 45% all at once.  Curt has it right now to give it the necessary "guy who was there" editing.

Bruce when I finish commenting and you have the document completed, may I post a copy of it on my site???

Curt