IGNORED

Almost got a 2600 Meltdown prototype for $1

joesmooth

Thats good news to hear, and we'll all be waiting for it! And let us know if you make carts for it, i'm interested.

First I would like to know if the game is worth at least some of the effort that is put into preserving it.

But I am a player, no collector. ;)

Even if it's an unplayable tech demo, it's worth saving from the sands of time. ;)

Ok. I will stop beating a dead horse.

I hope the download of the PROTO's rom works out well for you.

I checked out your site and it is excellent. I do commend you on securing this Proto for history's and Atrai fan's sake.

When you are finished and if you can make new carts from it, I will buy one to help you recoup the cost of this Prototype.

Atari Charles

Tempest --

Best of luck with the prototype and I for one am glad you have the concern and the money to save the cart - much appreciated! Also, I think you have every right to get mad at people for taking this topic back into arguments. I really have noticed how the attitude found in the "religion and politics" section unfortunately leaks into other forums. Words alone are very cheap and tiring. Let's focus on Atari and the surprise of a new prototype game and rally around maybe offering it in cart form, commenting on the rom dump, thanking Tempest :), etc.

Take care,

RG

The dumping of the rom will be great! and thanks to everyone involved. But if the rom can be dumped succesfully, will there be a boxed release of this game soon? I'm sure alot of people would like to help Tempest reclaim some of the cash he fronted, as well as complete their 20th Century Fox collection.

But if the rom can be dumped succesfully, will there be a boxed release of this game soon? I'm sure alot of people would like to help Tempest reclaim some of the cash he fronted, as well as complete their 20th Century Fox collection.

Maybe that's a bit too early now.

Nobody knows exactly what it in this ROM (yet). Would you like a boxed version of an (almost) unplayable proto? If the content doesn't matter, why not an empty cart in a box then? :?

Ok, ok! I am no collector... :D

Nobody knows exactly what it in this ROM (yet). Would you like a boxed version of an (almost) unplayable proto? If the content doesn't matter, why not an empty cart in a box then?

While this is true, I've got a good hunch that this is the final or nearly the final version. Since ads were proclaiming that the game was "Just Released" it was most likely finished. However whether or not MY prototype is the finished version or not isn't known yet.

Tempest

While this is true, I've got a good hunch that this is the final or nearly the final version.  Since ads were proclaiming that the game was "Just Released" it was most likely finished.  However whether or not MY prototype is the finished version or not isn't known yet.

Cool, I hope (and suppose ;)) it is the final one.