IGNORED

Jackass Vendors

TuzenTCA

Howdy,

I know that this might not be the perfect place to post this, but it has to do with buying and selling so it seemed right to me! I just returned from the world's largest yard sale, stretching from Ohio to Alabama on Highway 126. I found junk item after junk item and took it in strides until I cam upon an Atari. It was a simple 2600 4-Switch Vader. It had about 25 games with it, one controller that seemed to be broken, a RF switch, and the DC power pack. I looked threw the carts just enough for him to realize that I was interested. I picked up a slightly worn US Games Game that was absent from my collection. Seeing as this was not an electronics dealer I figured I might ought to try and get the lot for spares and tradable items, as well as a possible item to sell with a little TLC. Yet, it is the next part that irks my soul, I motioned his attention my way and simply asked, "How much for the Game System Lot?" He promptly replied $ 50.00! I just about killed over then and there. I then in sheer amazement proceeded to ask him what he would sale the games individually for and he said $15.00 a piece. I walked away and smiled at this crazy ass-hole. I don't know what he was thinking, but it sure was on the same wavelength as me. I have read on these forums about many other such accounts, and ones even worse. I know this lot was worth about $20 tops, and that is especially high for the condition the system was in. I just wanted to tell the readers hear another story of how there is a vast amount of ignorance in the world. I know that everyone has to make money to survive, but it seemed as if this guy was out to rook the best of us!

Thanks for even attempting to read this, I have sort of depressed, as in not buying the US Games Game (If a 2600 Games it not made by Atari or Activision then it is a 10 where I come from, and to see a game I lacked and be shot down by fools, makes me more depressed.)

But life goes own, yet I still don't see how those Canadians all ways get the good deals, do most Canadians not like Atari?

Sincerely,

James McAninch

reminds me a thrift shop around here. I saw a power supply I wanted and he wanted to charge me $25 for it! Yeah right! And another time he had the game WAbbit, but he wanted 3 bucks for it and it had a ripped, bad label. I of course, bought neither.

That sounds like a pretty neat garage sale! I wish we had one like that here!

Here's a good one:

I found an used Apple iMac keyboard Pro and since I didn't have any official Apple USB keyboard, I was going to get that one for my iMac I got a few months ago. The dealer wanted $35 for it and they had as-is, no refund policy. Passed it and found keyboard/mouse set off eBay for under $20. :D

I`m sure us canadians know exacly how you feel, some asshole at the flea market the other day was selling an atari junior with like 5 games, no hookups, everything was full of dirt and spiderwebs. I asked him how much he was selling it and he said 100$. I just laughed at him and left. He said someything like "Yeah, these things sell for hundreds of $$ on ebay" and all the while he was holding an asteroid cart with shitty label in his hands. What a looser... :D