IGNORED

2600 Atari game system - accessories needed

scorpiofan

I have an Atari 2600 game system unit but I don't have any of the accessories necessary to hook it up to play. I need the r/f switch(that switches from tv to game)the a/c adapter and I might also need joysticks. Does anyone know where I might find these at a very reasonable cost?

I have looked on the ebay site considering I might buy a complete system that includes everything but the shipping cost is so expensive on most of them so I thought I'd look around to see if I can find the r/f switch and adapter separately. Thanks in advance for any help. Any replies send to scorpiofan@hot1.net

If you're going to get a replacement RF box, make sure you get the manual switching type, not the newer style auto-switching boxes (like the ones that came with NES systems). Atari consoles' output is too weak to work properly with the newer switches, and picture quality will suffer. Also, instead of a switch, you can go to Radio Shack and buy a direct adaptor (RCA-->coax) that will let you plug the Atari game cable directly into the cable input of your TV. This gives the best picture and is also (at $3-$4) cheaper than getting a switchbox.

Here are my ebay auctions, they end in 1 day I have some joy sticks and a set of jitter free paddels on there. I also have one more pair of sticks, and an atari Power Supply atari brand I may let go, it is a spare, since they seem to go out on me I have bad luck with them :)

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View...&sort=3&rows=50