IGNORED

FS/FT: JVC X' eye

maximebeauvais

From what I recall, this is a US edition of the WonderMega system that JVC released in Japan. Apparently Sega and JVC had some sort of agreement in place to allow clones to be developed (with additional features like S-Video output, Karaoke, etc) and sold in higher end stores.

The trend continues today...the Sega Saturn in particular had many different versions and even the Gamecube today has that DVD-enabled Panasonic clone available.

I didn't know tha there were Saturn variations (besides the two slightly different case styles, and the one clear case you could get) out there. What were they?

The X'eye is one of my favorites since it's all neatly integrated. It also has on-board S-videeo and stereo out which none of the other Genesis units have. I've also read that the JVC has better audio circuitry since this was positioned as a high-end product to sell to the audiophile set.

It also reads CDR's. ;)

I've still gotta find a Sega CDX somewhere along with a MegaJet. That would complete my Sega collection, I'm pretty sure.

I didn't know tha there were Saturn variations (besides the two slightly different case styles, and the one clear case you could get) out there.  What were they?

Look here:

http://www.gamechoice.com.hk/search.asp?su...category=Saturn

There were Saturn variants from makers like Hitachi and Victor (aka JVC) in addition to the numerous limited and special edition systems from Sega themselves.

If you're handy with soldering, that should be an easy fix. It's either the SVHS jack or the cable itself. Hopefully it's the cable since you can just buy a fresh one and be done with it. If it's the jack, you can see if the connections on the motherboard have come loose - that happens pretty often. If you're just getting black and white, that means that one of the four pins off the jack has become disconnected.

Sometimes that jack itself goes bad and you have to hack in a replacement. I don't know why these big manufacturers can't use standard parts, but even for things like standard interfaces they find some way to screw it up so that you can't just use replacements you find off the shelf.