IGNORED

2004 ATARILYMPICS - Closing Ceremonies

Ze_ro

How will the final scoring work? AFAIK in the USA you just count the medals, where we in Germany (and maybe other countries) count Gold first, then Silver and finally Bronze (e.g. 1,0,0 would be better than 0,10,10). IMO both systems are not very fair.

How about a compromise like the scoring system in Summer/Winter/California Games: Gold: 5 pts, Silver 3 pts, Bronze 2 pts?

Good idea?

I am perfectly fine with our current system, but if you were going to do a different point system. You might want to do what the l.a. times did about sixteen years ago. Award 3 points for gold, 2 points for silver, and 1 point for bronze. Although having a point system basically gives team activision the title. Do you really think someone will beat one of todds decathlon scores?

Although having a point system basically gives team activision the title.  Do you really think someone will beat one of todds decathlon scores?

No, but there are other events and team Activision contains out of more than one player and each of them has to submit at least 4 scores.

And a battle "just" for 2nd place is still interesting enough for me. :)

To homerwannabee,

I really don't think that the point valuations of the Decathlon scores are relevant to the over all rankings. I think ZE_RO was just inputting the point values along with the time and distances so it would make the times and distances more secure so no one would fudge them. If you have the points with the times and distances it just looks better and plus in the over all rankings you still have to beat your next competitor to win a medal. Just because i/we have "GOLD's NOW" doesn't mean that Team Activision will bring home the victory.I like the way we have a diversed number of great gamers on multiple teams. If we had myself and Jeffry, 5th ghost,Ze_ro,JediJeff and others just to name a few on one team NO ONE would play. So this is cool im excited about the collection of members on each team it looks pretty even to me once all is done.

Todd Mr Activision Rogers

I'm a little hesitant to "weight" the medals, since Todd is almost certain to get 9 gold medals in Decathlon, thus blowing pretty much every other team away. However, I DO give preference for higher medals... like at my last update, Team Canada had a silver and a bronze, and Team USSR had a gold and a silver, thus Team USSR was ranked higher, even though it's the same number of medals. We'll see how things go though... I might switch to a weighted system before the end of things yet.

Anyways, I played some Summer Games finally, and I still can't for the life of me figure out what's going on in Gymnastics, where I seem to get docked points for random stuff, and still can't figure out how to dismount... and swimming where I can never seem to tell if I'm hitting the right rhythm, I think I did pretty well:

Hurdles: 21.4s

Swimming: 32.9s

Skeet Shooting: 25/25

100-Meter: 11.9s

Swimming Relay: 1:46.0

Rowing: 27.1s

Ironically, I was able to get a MUCH better time in the 100-Meter using my trusty old Gemini controller than I was with my Track & Field controller :roll:

Oh, I also played some of the Biathlon from Winter Games for a time of 1:09.5

--Zero

Hi there!

And for which member should this count?

I think better for you Thomas, or I wrong.

I'd also say it should count for TJ. You should rather submit your Skeet Shooting score ;)

Greetings,

Manuel

No, better not yet. Maybe someone else can do it too and need some events more then I. So I better wait till we see all our Team highscores first. :)

I think you can do it too Manuel. You have write it at your first e-mails.

good to see that I'm not the only in team globtrotter doing scores.

any ways here is my scores for team globtrotter:

summer games: Rowing 33.4

winter games: bobsled:52.2

not the best but when you using emulation and just keys it does get hard.

(I'm been trying to work on doing ski jump but it's not working out)

post-1158-1092542630_thumb.jpg

post-1158-1092542631_thumb.jpg

This will be tricky deciding which scores from which team mates will count.  :ponder:

Well, any conflicts will be shown in red (Summer Games 100-Yard Dash at the moment). Which score you guys keep is up to you, but while both are up, I'll only award a medal for the higher score, so you guys have a single gold medal for that event at the moment. I hope that made sense :)

Also, I included some instructions for some of the events. I haven't put a lot of time into Decathlon and Track & Field, so I'll try to add in instructions for those later.

--Zero

I'm a little hesitant to "weight" the medals, since Todd is almost certain to get 9 gold medals in Decathlon, thus blowing pretty much every other team away.

IMO the weighting should be fair and not tweaked just because Todd is competing.

However, I DO give preference for higher medals... like at my last update, Team Canada had a silver and a bronze, and Team USSR had a gold and a silver, thus Team USSR was ranked higher, even though it's the same number of medals. We'll see how things go though... I might switch to a weighted system before the end of things yet.

And if not, I can do the calculations myself. :)

5:3:2 looks like a very fair system to me:

Silver+Bronze = Gold

Gold:Silver > Silver:Bronze (unlike with 3:2:1).

Anyways, I played some Summer Games finally, and I still can't for the life of me figure out what's going on in Gymnastics, where I seem to get docked points for random stuff, and still can't figure out how to dismount...

RTFM! (it really helps here) :)

team commodore :

Some minor inprovements....

Hotdog : 10.0 (No idea how Im gonna better that.. :? )

Slalom : 51.4 (1 cock-up, so hopefully should drop it a couple of seconds at some stage..)

Have pics, but wont bother posting them to near the end once Ive got my final scores, there'll be no point on my decathlon scores though, no chance of a medal there i suspect :( Have no idea how to score over about 18 metres in shot-put , cant figure that one out, I'm using my track n field pad , but no joy.. :(

If anyone wants to tell me how to successfully complete a hand-plant in cali games without falling on my arse 9 times out of 10 that would be nice. :D

Si