IGNORED

Booster Boy for Sale

RangerG

There was a recent thread about this. After the 2600 sitting on the desk, this is what people look at and comment on because they remember the Gameboy and this looks like a huge Gameboy. Both the Booster Boy and the Gameboy are in near mint condition and work terrific. I have a solution for the normally wimpy joystick on the Booster Boy. I will send some peel on/off tabs you can place on the Gameboy controller which makes the joystick contact more flush and much more sturdy and fun to play. Please pm with any offers. I am not looking for anything outrageous, but I also want to make it worth my time to pack it up.

Take care,

RG

post-63-1092537706_thumb.jpg

It's a clear example of what happens when you only give the boys down in the design department hot glue and ping-pong balls.

Seriously, it's such a hack that it doesn't feel like a commercial product at all. It's like something that the Little Rascals would cobble together, and yet it's because the thing is so wrong-headed that I like it so much.

I think that this thing led to my sick interest in finding carrying cases that resemble the consoles themsevles. There's a really nice gigatantic GB carrying case that looks like a clown-sized GB that is much in the same spirit as the Booster thing. Several of the NES drawer units out there had decals to resemble the boxy shape of an NES, etc. etc.

Just what I need... another obscure way to collect MORE weird crap for my already obscure hobby. :)