IGNORED

Salvation Army...Argh

minorleagueguy

O.K, on a short family get away to Splash Lagoon,Erie Pa., we stopped at a SA thrift store, found a "video game center" tyhe following is my conversation with the cashier:

me:Hi, this doesn't have a price on it.

her:,mmmmm..I can't sell it to you then.

me:, well...can you GIVE me a price?

her:,mmmm..not really...

me:, I'll give you $10 for it..

her:, I can't do that sir..

me:,(staring at her)

her:, I could put a price on it tommorrow...

me:, thanks anyway...

anyone else have anything similer happen to them?

minorleagueguy

Yeah I found a Colecovision with a dustcover, 4 controllers, and about 20 games at a SA once and when I got to the counter they said that it wasn't suppose to have been on the floor and they wouldn't sell it to me because it didn't have a price. I told them that I wanted to speak to the manager who after some harsh negotiations let me have it for $30. It turns out one of the employees wanted it and were saving it in the back and it accidentally got put out. Tough luck to that guy...

Tempest

Yeah I found a Colecovision with a dustcover, 4 controllers, and about 20 games at a SA once and when I got to the counter they said that it wasn't suppose to have been on the floor and they wouldn't sell it to me because it didn't have a price.  I told them that I wanted to speak to the manager who after some harsh negotiations let me have it for $30.  It turns out one of the employees wanted it and were saving it in the back and it accidentally got put out.  Tough luck to that guy...

Tempest

Nice deal there. the worker should have just made an offer when you were, meh, your gain and tough luck for him!

Salvation Army's policy is to never sell an item without a price tag. I believe this is to stop people from removing price tags to try to get things at lower prices. It can be frustrating for us, but they're just doing their job.

I did luck out once though. I was buying a couple games from a Salvation Army and noticed several loose manuals and Intellivision overlays lying around. Of course, there were no prices on them but I brought them up with the games I was buying and asked anyway. The cashier said I could take them for free. :)

Salvation Army's policy is to never sell an item without a price tag. I believe this is to stop people from removing price tags to try to get things at lower prices. It can be frustrating for us, but they're just doing their job.

I did luck out once though. I was buying a couple games from a Salvation Army and noticed several loose manuals and Intellivision overlays lying around. Of course, there were no prices on them but I brought them up with the games I was buying and asked anyway. The cashier said I could take them for free.  :)

Damn you Keir, that's my Salvation Army :D .

Only kidding, I have been able to get some NES carts there every now and then.

I did luck out once though. I was buying a couple games from a Salvation Army and noticed several loose manuals and Intellivision overlays lying around. Of course, there were no prices on them but I brought them up with the games I was buying and asked anyway. The cashier said I could take them for free.  :)

Damn you Keir, that's my Salvation Army :D .

Only kidding, I have been able to get some NES carts there every now and then.

Actually this was at one of the Brockton stores. Plus it was like 3 years ago. :P

Thats amazing. Simply fo the fact that I once went to a SA and bought an Atari game. I got so excited about finding a game for waht was like the first time in over a year (it was River Rafter BTW) that I bought the game and raced out of the store to call my friend and brag. I was so excited in fact I didn't even think to look for the manual. My friend comes later and looks through the games. He calls me up and says "Why didn't you take the manual?" So I went back to the store. It was the smae toothless chain smokin lady behind the cash register. I told her that I had bought the game and showed her that the manual was in there but they did not have the game. It took a great deal of convincing to finally get her to let me have the manual. She jsut didn't want to let it go!

All my thrift stores have prices on their stuff,..and I am beginning to be convinced I am the only person who buys stuff from them(video-game wise)...A couple of Genesis games were in the one for almost a year before I finally noticed they were factory sealed and decided to buy them..since I really didn't want genesis games at the time...

I switch price tags to get lower prices. :D

Teach Me "OH GREAT MASTER"

i did this 2 times, i didnt switch the tags i just took a cheap tag off something next to the stuff i wanted and put it on there, because after the first time being turned down because of NO price tag i said screw this i will tag it myself :)