IGNORED

Most complex 2600 game.

King Atari

In my book, Solaris is definitely the best and most complex 2600 game out there (not to say the best sequel, although some people would say that Stargate is). This is one game that should get a second life through emulation... which reminds me: a good thing to do for playing it in emulation is to configure your controller so that the player 2 fire button is included (FYI, it gives you instant access to the scanner at all times).

There is a website that has a walkthrough for Solaris (I beat Solaris on the 2600), but I prefer doing the good old method of drawing the maps one by one.

I think the whole thing with the pits is that you have to hold up to get out of the pit... but if you try to move north once exiting the pit, you fall right back down! For some reason, you can only leave by moving east or west right after you leave the pit. There's really not enough lee-way here, and it gets very frustrating (and once you get pissed off, it gets even harder).

Besides... what the hell do pits have to do with E.T.?

--Zero

He keeps falling in them, you know.....just like he.....never...really...did in the movie. Heck, I don't know. There are only about a million ways to make this game better, but I still have very fond memories of this game from being a kid. The concept was pretty good....

Well come-on did anyone watch the movie ET??? ( I think we need to start an ET thread here) anyways remember the part in the movie when they find ET all white and sick in the ravine? They have to climb down to him? Think of that when you fall in the hole.... And yeah you do have to either move to the right...or left...or down... when exiting... But we've all been playing games for years right??? We can handle it...Just have to say to yourself..."Self, Remember, Dont keep pushing up when you get out or you'll fall again" Now... With that in mind... Give ET another chance!!! He deserves it.

• 2 years later...

This thread just proves you are just looking at the last pages of the 2600 section. Why would you bump up a 4 year old topic when there was a much more recent one on the same subject here

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ht=complex+game

I think this shows that you aren't searching for topics you want to talk about, but rather just looking at the oldest ones and bumping them up, which kinda sucks.

This thread just proves you are just looking at the last pages of the 2600 section. Why would you bump up a 4 year old topic when there was a much more recent one on the same subject here

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...ht=complex+game

I think this shows that you aren't searching for topics you want to talk about' date=' but rather just looking at the oldest ones and bumping them up, which kinda sucks.[/quote']

WoW :sad:

I was just bored at work and went through pages 100 - 218 of AA. Spent 3 hours just reading and replied about 10 threads.

Bad Kenwood...no donut!

I think this shows that you aren't searching for topics you want to talk about' date=' but rather just looking at the oldest ones and bumping them up, which kinda sucks.[/quote']

But isn't it with that same spirit that we yet dig our 2600s out of their respective closets and play them to this day, some 27 years after the system's conception and eventual release? :P

That said, my two cents: Most advanced game vote goes to ET and Space Shuttle.

Secret Quest gets the nod, easily. It's like Atari tried to make their own version of Zelda for the 2600. That game was already pretty advanced by early NES standards, and trying to reproduce it on technology from the 1970's is to say the least a Herculean feat.

JR