IGNORED

Connecticut's First Classic Gaming Event

Allan

Hey Folks,

Sku_u and I have been discussing about putting together a classic gaming event. So on Saturday, October 9, at three o'clock on, you are invited to Connecticut's First Classic Gaming Event in Stratford, Connecticut . All classic gaming is welcome (although we especially love the Atari 5200 in this state.) Bring your games and systems for hours of classic gaming competition. This is a totally informal get together so just bring yourselves, your games, munchy's, and the desire for a night of classic gaming! Directions to follow.

We'll have over thirty systems to choose from. If you have a particular game you'd like us to compete in, please bring it.

We'd like to get an idea of who might be coming and what you would be bringing gaming wise.

We'll be making a commemorative logo designed by Sku_u's wife that will be made into a commemorative item (it'll be a surprise.)

There will also be many 5200 homebrews and conversions to play as well as four 5200 paddles for a Castle Crisis competition.

We are looking for someone to bring a four-port 5200 if they have one. Ours are not working at the moment so all we have are two-ports.

You are welcome to bring your trades as well although Sku_u and myself don't have much for trades. But others might.

Allan

I'm considering it but making no promises.

I've already got a road trip planned this weekend so I'll see how that goes.

Oh, you'll go if you know what's good for you! If you back out, I'm not stopping in Connecticut. I'll be driving straight on through to Vermont and kicking your weenie little backside! :P

Chickybaby was telling me about this event so I thought I'd find out more.

I don't live too far away from CT (about 3.5 hours or so).

How do you propose to get to CT in 3.5 hours? It's about 3 just to Massachusetts from Barre.

I'm considering it but making no promises.

I've already got a road trip planned this weekend so I'll see how that goes.

Oh, you'll go if you know what's good for you! If you back out, I'm not stopping in Connecticut. I'll be driving straight on through to Vermont and kicking your weenie little backside! :P

I'll take that challenge. You have to go through MY neck of the woods before you hit Kepone's. :D

How do you propose to get to CT in 3.5 hours? It's about 3 just to Massachusetts from Barre.

There's no way it takes 3 hours to get to Mass from Burlington. It only takes me about 5 and a half hours to go to one of the northern most mountains of VT in the Northeast Kingdom and I live in Southeastern CT. How far is Burlington from White River Junction?

There's no way it takes 3 hours to get to Mass from Burlington. It only takes me about 5 and a half hours to go to one of the northern most mountains of VT in the Northeast Kingdom and I live in Southeastern CT. How far is Burlington from White River Junction?

Depends on how fast you go. :P

I miscalculated.

Probably won't be going anyway.

Burlington is about 1.5 hours from WRJ. It takes me about 2.5 hours to get from Barre to the Mass border in Williamstown.

We used to just call it an Atari party. (Even thought we had Intellivision and Colecovision too) I'm over 10 hrs away and I'd love to be there, but I will not. :sad:

You guys have great fun and I'll be thinking of you at the party!! 8)

It's a great idea!!

Hey Folks,  

Sku_u and I have been discussing about putting together a classic gaming event. So on Saturday, October 9, at three o'clock on, you are invited to Connecticut's First Classic Gaming Event in Stratford, Connecticut . All classic gaming is welcome (although we especially love the Atari 5200 in this state.) Bring your games and systems for hours of classic gaming competition. This is a totally informal get together so just bring yourselves, your games, munchy's, and the desire for a night of classic gaming! Directions to follow.

Allan

Can you tell me the address. My girlfriend and I REALLY want to come. We live in Bridgeport.

I plan to bring a lot of 7800 games and Coleco Beamrider

Hey Folks,  

Allan

Can you tell me the address. My girlfriend and I REALLY want to come. We live in Bridgeport.

I plan to bring a lot of 7800 games and Coleco Beamrider

Check your PM. Good to hear you're bringing some 7800 stuff. Most of my 7800 games are still packed away. :wink:

Good to hear you're bringing some 7800 stuff.  Most of my 7800 games are still packed away.  :wink:

Do you have a 7800 console set up? I was planning to bring my CC2. I'm most likely going to bring along my 2600 collection too. Mostly just to finally be able to show 'em off to an appreciative audience. I know that I've got a thing or two that sku DOESN'T own though. :ponder: :P

Good to hear you're bringing some 7800 stuff.  Most of my 7800 games are still packed away.  :wink:

Do you have a 7800 console set up? I was planning to bring my CC2. I'm most likely going to bring along my 2600 collection too. Mostly just to finally be able to show 'em off to an appreciative audience. I know that I've got a thing or two that sku DOESN'T own though. :ponder: :P

Sure about that? :P :D

I do have a 7800, but don't have a CC2. I'd love to see one of those in action.

I'm most likely going to bring along my 2600 collection too.  Mostly just to finally be able to show 'em off to an appreciative audience.  I know that I've got a thing or two that sku DOESN'T own though.   :ponder:  :P

Damn, you are coming too. Why does it have to be so far away? :x

* looks at airline tickets *