IGNORED

trackball 1.2 incl. level editor

Heaven/TQA

ok. i played around little bit with charpad and it seems to work for the game... (a small basic routine does the conversion to atari native code...)

attachted the latest binary + char pad for pc...

so... fire up charpad and load the .ctm file... after loading you can help me designing new levels... :)

the trackball ATR image for atari800win shows the demo level which i played around at the moment (just for demoing...)

as written...aim of the game will be not to fall off the platforms...

the joystick routine is implemented as well...so when you boot the ATR you can press start and guide your ball around... as you can see at the moment the maximum range to jump is one tile size which is 4 lines on screen...

the collision detection routine is not implemented yet but will be next...

so... can't wait for the 1st levels to see... :) ps. why not helping atari800 game instead of 2600 homebrews... ;)

trackb4.zip

post-528-1096814398_thumb.jpg

How about some special tiles to avoid landing on which change the speed, direction or force you in a certain direction or maybe some sprites flying around to avoid as the level progresses and becomes more difficult . Maybe like in trailblazer (a fav of mine) .. ?I've not played that for ages!!

:D Tezz

that's exactly what we (retrofan & i) have in mind... so stay tuned... i have a lot of ideas regarding "special tiles" and enemies... ;)

btw... trackball was born as 4k trailblazer but i lost my 3d raster engine on airport on a business trip...so that's why i switched back to 2d as i always wanted to code a "vertical scrolling game" and boinxx was born...

now we just need the great amiga mod from lotus2 esprit challenge... "boink boomchak... boink bumchak da da da da da da... da da da da da da... bambambam... etc..." ;)

What about this?!? :roll:

Converted by me with RMT... It´s free.

ok. thanks to dracon and friends who send me the desired tool... it took about 1:30 to implement the ball... still buggy (little garbage in pm data but this could be mainly because i have left in 1 pixel for knowing where to start cutting...)

the ball does not jump smooth yet (or realistic) simply because i have to make a nice jump table... (is it sinus or a parabolic one??? long time ago...)

boinxx1.zip

pps...just load the file supplied with the editor than you have tiles + font for one level...

just tell me if you have some problems...

you don't have to draw your own font... i have converted retrofans tiles into atari font with g2f... and loaded the 1024 font into the c64 tool and made my own tiles and started to paint the level...