IGNORED

Looking for a skateboard for my kid.

My daughter's 9th birthday is coming up, and she's asking me for a skateboard.

She's actually pretty good at that stuff {suprisingly, since I wasn't}.

So I don't want to get her a toys r us cheapie.

Just taking a stab in the dark incase someone has an old bitchin' one lying around that they don't have any use for and wants to help a learning chiquita out on her b-day.

pm me.

Thanks guys.

You'd probably be looking for a double kick tail. The difference between a double kick tail and a single kick tail is that double kick tail has raised curves on each end, where as a single only has a raised curve on one end. Dont be surprised to spend around $110 for a good skateboard. The price really depends on the brand and hardware you want on your kids board. Some good brands are Element ( what my freinds and I ride ), Foundation, Alien Workshop, Flip, and lots more. Unfortunately all the boards I have right now I use or are in such bad shape if you stood on them they would snap, so sorry I dont have anything to sell you, but I hope I expanded your knowledge about purchasing a skateboard. Skateboarding is a really great hobby for your kid to get involved in.

I have a skateboard in the garage somewhere at home, but I haven't used it since I was 18 and I don't remember what the hell it was other than a friend's old board with new wheels. Could be single, double, or anything, I certainly have no use for it any more and would happily part with it for a song. The wheels should still be perfectly good, given how few places there were for me to ride it in rural Iowa.

Heres a pretty nice setup for a skateboard right here:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...7105032224&rd=1

( Notice the double kicktail )

They are like 20 minutes away from me. :)

The wheels should still be perfectly good, given how few places there were for me to ride it in rural Iowa.

Rural. Try living on a dirt road. well it had bits of rock (crush'n run) in it too. But I just had to own one. :roll: I agree with Mcgrail, make sure to pick up proper safety equip, it can definitely be a dangerous hobby!

I'd recommend any of the current system versions of Tony Hawk personally, let her 'pretend' skate. :P Or in-line that's got to be safer than an actual board.

Id go with ebay, they have some cheap complete boards. Try to go to ccs.com and check out some brands to get here. The boards I use are flip and I love them. I use to ride elements which is the one from that link above. And when gettinga complete board thats not walmart, you are lookinga t about 90-115 bucks. On ebay you can get a good board with a complete setup for about 50-70.